Elias will be active in the free agent market this off season

wildcard

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I will be surprised if he’s below $6 mm.    Saying that, I haven’t really studied who needs a 2B and who is out there.

The A's, Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants, Padres, Twins, and the Rockies all could be in the market for a 2B. Schoop is probably the third or fourth best available 2B (depending on how you view Murphy) behind LeMahieu and Dozier. I'm predicting that he signs a two year deal with the Twins for $15M. 

14 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The A's, Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants, Padres, Twins, and the Rockies all could be in the market for a 2B. Schoop is probably the third or fourth best available 2B (depending on how you view Murphy) behind LeMahieu and Dozier. I'm predicting that he signs a two year deal with the Twins for $15M. 

I view Murphy as a DH. 

31 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Some guys like Jordy Mercer, Brad Brach and Schoop would help. I'd try and do that, then come july sell as much as i can for prospects. 

What do you think a half year's service from these three would cost?  Let's say $6-8 million for the sake of discussion.  Let's further say they all had mediocre to middling seasons up to the AS break.  What sort of prospects would they bring back if any?  I suspect the answer is none that would move the needle.  I don't think serious, sober businessmen would take a gamble like that under the Orioles' current circumstances.  

Could this be a buy low sell high scenario that was scoffed at in another thread?  Perhaps???  I think all options are open because the Angelosii are still interested in a$$es in the seats.  Maybe there was a caveat--- do what you desire, but try to get some butts in the chairs too.  Albert Belle part deux...

...stirring the pot.?

Archived