Who is the next O's player to be traded for a prospect and when?

wildcard

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

IMO Villar had a good season2.7 WAR in 2018. I think they could get a nice haul for him. At 27 he may be young enough to lead the way on the rebuild. He's controlled through 2021 Id like to see him get back to his 2016 .370 OBP.

Villar is under team control through 2020.

I'll give odds... we have Bundy, Cashner, Cobb, Givens or Mancini.

The starters are all three valuable. Bundy is still young and could benefit from the zenith of analytics. Just showing him how he can exploit each individual hitter. I say 25% chance it's him.

C or C. Both veterans, both could help a team straight out of the box. I'll say 40% chance for ONE of either. We do still need 5 starters.

Givens. Most valuable of the bunch to me. Young and controllable and talented and ML experience now. But he WILL get very expensive like Britton, only more so. 25% chance.

Trey 10%. Won't bring much, won't cost us much to keep him. Mice well keep him around.

6 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Orioles cannot trade all their veterans. You have to have some veteran leadership. It will be interesting to see how Mike handles this.

Just from that one article I read about Houston and by default ME... I don't think the product on the field this year and next is any concern for Elias. Trade ALL (the rest) and build for the future. The whole focus is building up prospects to start/build a pipeline of ML players. First couple years the ML record is like priority #127. Worse we do, the better pick we get anyways. Like I just said, we DO have to field a rotation, but not a GOOD rotation. Just enough to get us thru September without embarrassing ourselves. Fill innings.

And an aside.... Elias publicly praised DD and the Orioles for all the hardcore trades they did in July..... But I'll bet he secretly wishes HE could have done them! ?

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is about where I am.  Honestly, I don't see any of those guys bringing back any system-changing prospects.  

1 hour ago, weams said:

Sir. It is not about system-changing prospects at this point. It is about getting cheap. 

Getting cheap and getting deep!

3 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Most valuable right now: Bundy, Givens. Cobb, Villar, Cashner.

Just because they are valuable does not mean they get traded.  None  of them are a peak value this off season because they are coming off poor seasons.    Elias will want to get as much as he can for them.   If he keeps them until the deadline and they play well they will be at peak value.   

Now if another team overwhelms Elias with a offer he is likely to trade them no matter when that happens.  But that is more likely to happen if they are playing well in July then before that time.

However Bleier is coming off two good seasons.  If he shows he is healthy in ST he will be at peak value and Elias will likely trade him before opening day.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Just because they are valuable does not mean they get traded.  None  of them are a peak value this off season because they are coming off poor seasons.    Elias will want to get as much as he can for them.   If he keeps them until the deadline and they play well they will be at peak value.   

Now if another team overwhelms Elias with a offer he is likely to trade them no matter when that happens.  But that is more likely to happen if they are playing well in July then before that time.

However Bleier is coming off two good seasons.  If he shows he is healthy in ST he will be at peak value and Elias will likely trade him before opening day.

I won’t argue peak value or not, but Bleier isn’t going to bring anything worthwhile back this spring.

Just now, Luke-OH said:

I won’t argue peak value or not, but Bleier isn’t going to bring anything worthwhile back this spring.

He will bring back a decent prospect.  Whatever that means.  Every contending team wants a pen with players that can put up a 2.00 ERA.  Bleier has proved for the last two years that he can do that.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

He will bring back a decent prospect.  Whatever that means.  Every contending team wants a pen with players that can put up a 2.00 ERA.  Bleier has proved for the last two years that he can do that.

He’s proved that he did do that.   1.97 career ERA, 3.58 FIP.    This could be the year he regresses to the mean.   

Archived