Roster thoughts

wildcard

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect Chris Davis to be a part time player to start the season and eventually released, if not before the season.  Unless he magically has figured out how to hit a fastball again, I don't see them penciling him in there every day. What's the point?  It's a sunk cost and even on a losing team it is demoralizing to the players trot him out there everyday, much less the fan base. 

I expect Mancini to be the primary first baseman and Trumbo to be the primary DH with Davis mixing in a bit at both positions until they've had enough.  In the OF I think we see Mullins in center, Stewart in left, and a cheap FA on a one year contract in RF until Hays or Diaz are ready to step in.  

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think we’ll see Sisco as one of the Cs, Wilkerson at 2nd, and Stewart in RF. It’s time to find out if these guys can play. 

I prefer Stewart in left.  That's where he has played the most in the minors and likely most comfortable and he doesn't really have the arm for right.  

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think we’ll see Sisco as one of the Cs, Wilkerson at 2nd, and Stewart in RF. It’s time to find out if these guys can play. 

If they don't sign or trade for someone, Sisco might be one of the catchers. If they get a veteran though, Sisco might have to have a hell of a Spring after last season.

Wilkerson vs. Valera (and anyone else) might end up being a very good battle, especially from a defensive perspective. Should be really fun.

The only issue with Stewart is his arm in right. But a battle of him vs. Hays (and possibly Diaz and, who knows, even Yaz) could be the most entertaining thing we see for 1 spot. 

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If they don't sign or trade for someone, Sisco might be one of the catchers. If they get a veteran though, Sisco might have to have a hell of a Spring after last season.

Wilkerson vs. Valera (and anyone else) might end up being a very good battle, especially from a defensive perspective. Should be really fun.

The only issue with Stewart is his arm in right. But a battle of him vs. Hays (and possibly Diaz and, who knows, even Yaz) could be the most entertaining thing we see for 1 spot. 

Buck being gone can only be good news for Sisco.

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Exactly. Let's not act like Buck did right by him last year. He didn't. Just like when Mullins came up last year. There wasn't one damn reason Mullins needed to sit so that Rickard or Andreoli could play. That excuse about "evaluating" for next year was BS. 

40 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Maybe. But a manager doesn't mean Sisco will have better bat speed and solid defense.

They also got analytics of Sisco last season. If he rates low to them analytically, then he needs a good showing. It is all up to how he performs, whether it is in Baltimore or Norfolk. Same with Wynns, Cervenka (if he is still here), Susac (same) and anyone else they acquire.

Archived