Hyde: New O’s Manager

Rene88

1 minute ago, Ohfan67 said:

But it's dumb to get caught in an unnecessary lie when you are trying to build a relationship with the reporters. Plus he's just not talking to the reporters, he's talking to fans. I don't mind being told that they don't want to share things with the media/fans, but I don't want to be lied to. 

You are putting too much into this.

Maybe they just got him on a bad timing, and he really needed to hit the crapper? :)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Well that was the height of speculation and ridiculousness.  That was so damn dumb.  

I can't believe we all spent hours on here wondering if Horse Face McGee was gonna come home to Baltimore and be a savior or something.  

Oh. I think it was theater of the absurd. Waiting for Godot in cowboy boots and fezzes. 

Just now, Ohfan67 said:

It was dumb, for sure. But kind of fun, especially in retrospect. I enjoyed Roch's gripes about having to run around the stadium looking for Teixeira, the wine-and-dine posts and ensuing OH riot, etc. I almost giggle just thinking about it. :)

We were the internet back then. No twitter. Us. 

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

You are putting too much into this.

Maybe they just got him on a bad timing, and he really needed to hit the crapper? :)

Oh I don't mean to sound that way. It's not a big deal to me, but I'm sure Elias didn't like looking a little foolish/ridiculous. He will learn to be a little more circumspect. That's all I'm saying. I also am not a fan of lying to reporters unless it's some emergency thing that basically never happens in sports. It's very easy not to get trapped into specifics. As you said earlier, he will learn. I'm sure he was not happy with how that went down. 

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

Wasn't he supposedly seen riding in Angelos' limo headed to the game?  ?

I can't remember the details. People did post little tidbits on OH that did turn out to be true. I can't remember the player, but there was a report around the trade deadline years ago that the player and his agent were seen in an elevator at the Warehouse. The poster or an acquaintance of the poster had been on the elevator with them. It appeared that they were there to negotiate an extension so the player would agree to the trade. The trade didn't happen and some folks called b.s., but later reports suggested that the player and agent did indeed visit the warehouse. I'm sure someone on here remembers the player. Someone also posted the Mazzilli firing on OH hours before it was reported. I was never a big fan of the leak frenzies that occurred on OH back in the day, especially the almost begging of leakers for updates and the like, but there were enough real nuggets to keep folks intrigued, for sure. 

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Saying that Roch is a reporter implies some level of impartiality. He works for MASN, which is partly owned by the Orioles. You can't be impartial when you're on the team's payroll. He might be good for the occasional tidbit, but we really shouldn't be looking to Roch for any type of breaking news. He "reports" exactly what the team tells him to report. 

Because he's not Mike Wallace from 1982 therefore he's a mouthpiece for the Politburo?  Kinda binary don't you think?  I agree that he's not the first source to look to for anything breaking or investigative but to suggest that he's thoroughly corrupt simply doesn't follow and isn't warranted. 

14 minutes ago, weams said:

We were the internet back then. No twitter. Us. 

That is what lead me here, back when we were trying to get Vlad the first time.  I was up in the middle of the night searching everywhere and stumbled on the OH and said to myself.....ohhhh, look at this, new information pops up faster here than on the rest of the internet!  Or so it seemed.  The greatest and still the greatest Orioles news aggregator!

5 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I can't remember the details. People did post little tidbits on OH that did turn out to be true. I can't remember the player, but there was a report around the trade deadline years ago that the player and his agent were seen in an elevator at the Warehouse. The poster or an acquaintance of the poster had been on the elevator with them. It appeared that they were there to negotiate an extension so the player would agree to the trade. The trade didn't happen and some folks called b.s., but later reports suggested that the player and agent did indeed visit the warehouse. I'm sure someone on here remembers the player. Someone also posted the Mazzilli firing on OH hours before it was reported. I was never a big fan of the leak frenzies that occurred on OH back in the day, especially the almost begging of leakers for updates and the like, but there were enough real nuggets to keep folks intrigued, for sure. 

Angelos the asshole, wanted Tex to give the Orioles a hometown discount as the Md Boy coming home to play.

Nationals outbid the Orioles, and then the Yankees swooped in.

Just now, 24fps said:

Because he's not Mike Wallace from 1982 therefore he's a mouthpiece for the Politburo?  Kinda binary don't you think?  I agree that he's not the first source to look to for anything breaking or investigative but to suggest that he's thoroughly corrupt simply doesn't follow and isn't warranted. 

It’s not like any of the other local media broke this story.    

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

Posters like to spout hate and blame. They dont like that Roch wont print what people tell him and ask him to not print. They think he should print and say unnamed sources.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s not like any of the other local media broke this story.    

They were all in a room, with the new GM, when Ken broke Joel Sherman's scoop on the TV playing behind them. In the suite. 

What Cubs insider is calling Joe Trezza first?

Archived