Hyde: New O’s Manager

Rene88

31 minutes ago, section18 said:

Most will not like this but he probably wants to meet with John and Lou when he returns on Thursday or Friday to Baltimore. Just go over the reasons why he chose Hyde and plan the press conference to formally announce his choice on Tuesday or Wednesday.  He didn't expect the Cubs to leak it after Hyde told them. Someone needs to talk to the Cubs and see if they were notified by the Orioles of this decision. Does anyone have any late quotes from the Theo or Maddon? No quotes from Hyde?

If true...thwn John and Lou lied at the intro press conference. Thwy said Elias had free reign to hire who he wanted.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It's not bashing. It is what it is. If someone in the O's organization told Roch the sky was purple then Roch would report it verbatim even if there was a big blue beautiful sky in the background. 

If someone in the O's organization told Roch the sky was purple, Roch would ask him the next day if he'd sobered up yet - and he would see them the next day.  You understand that there's a fundamental difference between local beat reporters and national columnists and the consequences for sloppy reporting are radically different, right?

Nobody gives a crap if Little Kenny got a tweet wrong.  Roch has to answer face to face.  Keeps you honest.

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

If true...thwn John and Lou lied at the intro press conference. Thwy said Elias had free reign to hire who he wanted.

They did not say that he would leak unsigned deals prior to official choreographed intros with impunity though. 

“I will say very clearly it’s a premature report,” Elias said. “And, I haven’t looked at the specifics of the exact wording of this report, but certainly the type of ... the type of report you are referring to is premature. So, yeah.

However, Elias issued denials about a decision and offer and added that a hire likely wouldn’t happen at the Winter Meetings.

“I think I need to hire a manager first, I need to choose one first. That’s step one,” he said.

“Once that’s the case, there’s all kinds of logistics involved. I have no way of predicting that. Knowing where we are at right now I think it would be very challenging to complete this hire here in Vegas.”

Earlier in the session, Elias answered with a “no” when asked about the accuracy of a report that the Orioles decided on a manager and if there was an offer on the table.

Archived