Hyde: New O’s Manager

Rene88

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hyde appears to have all the credentials you would want in a rebuilding team manager. He was a minor league manager, coordinator, and was a major league bench coach.

As for all the other stuff, I could really care less when it's announced or whether or not an offer really has been made. I trust Mike Elias has this under control. 

1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

When Roch and Connolly were talking to the press, Rosenthal was on the TV.   Now if some want to argue Mike is lying about "no decision" until he contacts the other candidates as a courtesy....but I don't rent that either let alone buy it.

FWIW, MLB has pulled the breaking news chyron alert.

I guess that's what Connolly wants to argue after all

Elias doesn’t want to confirm someone has been hired without letting the other five candidates know that they didn’t get the job. That’s always a bad look, and that’s exactly what happened with Elias’ hiring earlier this offseason. Media reports were out in November that Elias had taken the job before any of the other interviewees were informed that the club had moved on.

And I suppose it’s possible that Elias was telling the absolute truth that he hadn’t made a decision, that he hadn’t made an offer. But various reports, including one by The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal, confirmed with sources that Hyde will be the Orioles next manager.

So, when it officially happens – and I’m not going with “if” here – Elias, genuine or not, will look like he was telling a fib. That’s OK, I suppose.

Because if I had a dollar for every time in my career a GM or manager lied to me, or skirted the truth a bit, any

It does make sense.  Didn't we see earlier that Elias had interviewed 6 people, didn't need to interview anyone else?  Had all the information he needed?

If that's the case, calling reports "too premature" or whatever doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  If you've interviewed 6, don't need to interview more (and are telling the truth about it), then there's no reason not to pull the trigger now.

Bravo, Ken, Bravo.  If you're reading this, let's get drinks when you're back in town.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It does make sense.  Didn't we see earlier that Elias had interviewed 6 people, didn't need to interview anyone else?  Had all the information he needed?

If that's the case, calling reports "too premature" or whatever doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  If you've interviewed 6, don't need to interview more (and are telling the truth about it), then there's no reason not to pull the trigger now.

Bravo, Ken, Bravo.  If you're reading this, let's get drinks when you're back in town.

• weams changed the title to Hyde: New O’s Manager

Archived