Reminder: Official Press Conference Monday Noon

Going Underground

I guess Elias also does not want to announce 2019 Fanfest tickets are now on sale . They just went on sale so perhaps will announce in 3 days.? I wonder if free tickets for season ticket holders? Also on season tickets you get this message:

My Orioles Tickets is currently being updated. Please try back later.  Everything with the Orioles is get back to me later. ?

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/2019-baltimore-orioles-fanfest-baltimore-maryland-01-26-2019/event/15005585A5CB4D80#efeat6916

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I guess Elias also does not want to announce 2019 Fanfest tickets are now on sale . They just went on sale so perhaps will announce in 3 days.? I wonder if free tickets for season ticket holders? Also on season tickets you get this message:

My Orioles Tickets is currently being updated. Please try back later.  Everything with the Orioles is get back to me later. ?

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/2019-baltimore-orioles-fanfest-baltimore-maryland-01-26-2019/event/15005585A5CB4D80#efeat6916

The my Orioles tickets has been like this for awhile now. At least a week maybe longer.  

5 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I'm all for openness and honesty, trust me, I'm an open book, my boss wishes I'd be a little more close to the vest at times.  But in this situation, the choices were to break the news to the people who didn't get the job in an impromptu interview or say that nothing was final (which technically was probably true because I doubt the contract had been signed yet). He got put in a bad spot, he could have handled it better, but I think he was surprised that it got out. 

Edit: I don't mean Tony as my boss, I'm talking about my day job. 

He could have easily avoided specifics. He could have said I’m not going to discuss specifics while the search is ongoing. Easy. 

Ps. I didn’t think it’s the end of the world and dealing with media st this level is new for him. But getting caught lying on basically day one is a bad look. 

4 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

He could have easily avoided specifics. He could have said I’m not going to discuss specifics while the search is ongoing. Easy. 

Ps. I didn’t think it’s the end of the world and dealing with media st this level is new for him. But getting caught lying on basically day one is a bad look. 

I agree he could have done better.

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

I think he was very surprised that it had broken. I am not sure that he gameplaned for what to do in a press conference when the TV monitor behind you reveals info that you are unable to share yet. 

7 hours ago, Going Underground said:

It appears they have switched back to Ticketmaster. 

2 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

Do we know he was lying. Sorry but I think you are a bit hard on the new guy.

2 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Do we know he was lying. Sorry but I think you are a bit hard on the new guy.

Come on. He lied. I’m not being hard on him. He lied. He told reporters he hadn’t made a decision, an offer, etc., and the Cubs were telling reporters that they needed a new bench coach because their guy was going to manage the Orioles.   I’m assuming it was  because he’s a rookie GM and hadn’t prepared for a leak.  It’s not the end of the world, but I don’t like that he lied when he didn’t have to lie. Not trying to make too much out of it, but it is what it is. I know in 2018 that lying seems to be the norm, but it was unnecessary, made him look a little silly, and makes me a little less trusting. A little. Emphasis on little. As Tony used to say all the time, actions speak louder than words. Ultimately I’m far more interested in what Elias does than what he says. I don’t think the guy is a scumbsg or something, but I do hope he handles these things better in the future. 

23 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

Come on. He lied. I’m not being hard on him. He lied. He told reporters he hadn’t made a decision, an offer, etc., and the Cubs were telling reporters that they needed a new bench coach because their guy was going to manage the Orioles.   I’m assuming it was  because he’s a rookie GM and hadn’t prepared for a leak.  It’s not the end of the world, but I don’t like that he lied when he didn’t have to lie. Not trying to make too much out of it, but it is what it is. I know in 2018 that lying seems to be the norm, but it was unnecessary, made him look a little silly, and makes me a little less trusting. A little. Emphasis on little. As Tony used to say all the time, actions speak louder than words. Ultimately I’m far more interested in what Elias does than what he says. I don’t think the guy is a scumbsg or something, but I do hope he handles these things better in the future. 

Looks to me that you're making way too much of it, who cares how it got out. It's not a big deal, he wanted to show some class with all the others in the running, no big deal

11 minutes ago, Triple Crown said:

Looks to me that you're making way too much of it, who cares how it got out. It's not a big deal, he wanted to show some class with all the others in the running, no big deal

Yeah. Lying is classy. :(

I explicitly stated it is not the end of the world. But the guy lied. I don’t understand the desire to ignore it or act like it didn’t happen. I care far more about international signings next year, etc, but I hope he develops a better interview game. 

Archived