Teams are asking about Bundy

byrdz

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Its all about what the O's can get in return  for Bundy and /or  Cobb.   

I would think both players are not at their peak value so there is not hurry to the trade them but if someone blows Elias away with an offer either one or both could go at any time.

This.    No reason Bundy should be off limits, it just depends what’s offered in return. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Which teams are lookIng for SP help?  Rep to whoever helps out an out of touch “hot stove” OHer. 

Plenty, A's and Padres jump out as teams who are trying to compete and need SP.

Brewers, Angels, Reds, and Rays could all probably use another SP as well. 

11 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

If he can get close to a “league average starter with three years cheap team control return”, then move him. I know there is upside, but just the risk of injury with his shoulder calcification outweighs that. 

If you keep him and the velocity is where it was in 2018, I throw him in the bullpen, let him air it out and trade him at the deadline. He’d be an excellent reliever if he could throw the fastball 94-96 with heavy use of his slider and a couple changeups.

The problem with him becoming a reliever is that he showed he needs at least four days rest to be effective. Remember when the Orioles used him in relief and tried to run him out there on one or two or even three days rest? It was pretty bad. Now maybe if he trained to be a reliever it would work, but not all starters can just convert to relief.

It's one of the reasons why I'm a proponent of moving guys to the pen by AA if you evaluate them to be relievers. 

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

As for me, unless I'm blown away, I'm not moving Bundy while he's a buy low candidate. He's still relatively cheap and his value would be much better at the All-Star break if he can pitch better next year.

Agreed.  I see no point in trading Bundy for what he is likely to command in return right now.

12 hours ago, byrdz said:

Boston Globe is reporting teams are calling about Bundy. I'm personally against trading him since his peripherals are still solid. Would hate to see another Arrieta situation! But wondering what everyone else thinks. Do you trade him? 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/12/al-east-notes-bundy-cobb-soria-rays-morton.html

I'd trade him.

8 minutes ago, weams said:

Unless you want to save the money and you are concerned about the shoulder. 

But as you have said once or twice, they all break.   I agree we should listen to offers and take it if it makes sense, but it better be good if they are going to give away my favorite pitcher to watch.................

............once every 4 or 5 starts.   

29 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The problem with him becoming a reliever is that he showed he needs at least four days rest to be effective. Remember when the Orioles used him in relief and tried to run him out there on one or two or even three days rest? It was pretty bad. Now maybe if he trained to be a reliever it would work, but not all starters can just convert to relief.

It's one of the reasons why I'm a proponent of moving guys to the pen by AA if you evaluate them to be relievers. 

They used him back to back days once, he pitched 1 inning with 0 BB, 0 H, 1 K in the second outing and his velocity was up.

They used him with 1 day off once, he faced 4 batters and got 0 outs, allowed 2 hits and intentionally walked 2 batters.

They used him with 2 days off 3 times, twice he allowed 0 earned runs, once he got touched up for 4. 

Extremely small sample, and that was early in the middle of getting rushed into major league action. You are right, it's possible that he won't take well to converting to relief, but I don't think anything that happened in 2016 is legitimate evidence of that. 

Archived