Dempsey is helping Austin Wynns

baltfan

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Ive seen his name listed among the top 50 catchers ever to play the game.

So he makes money on the side as a motivation speaker, lots of ex-players do this, the ones that didnt make a killing playing the game they loved.

Looks like an outside firm, actually stood up the web site, and is probably managing the booking for him. Good for him.

I'm just poking fun. I do think he's a shill, but so is Cal Ripken. Rick is a particularly bad shill though.

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hoiles, 20 homers, 40 RBI in '92.  Pretty crazy.

He was just ahead of his time.  Through 1991 there had only been 10 players with RBI less than or equal than 2*HR, ever (min 200 PAs).  In 1992 both he and Rob Deer pulled it off.  Since 2016 eight players have done it.  That's what happens when lineups are all guys with 24 homers, 39 walks and 188 strikeouts. 

Joey Gallo went 41/80 in 2017.  Prior to 1990 the record for fewest RBI with 40 homers was Duke Snider's 92 in 1957.  He's now in 7th place.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

We can get any ex-Oriole to help a current member of the team as long as they aren't folksy, too old and annoying.  

Are you:

1. Dumb?

2. An actual clown?

3. Have a neon sign plastered on the warehouse in your name?

4. A bit of a weasel?

No? Great! Please feel free to work with our players in the offseason.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

We can get any ex-Oriole to help a current member of the team as long as they aren't folksy, too old and annoying.  

I'm all for pushing it so far over the top that it's comic genius.  The players won't take it as serious advice, they'll just bust up laughing.  Who's the most absurd living player in Orioles history?  Oh, wait... that's Rick Dempsey.  Not only did he do his rain delay thing, but somewhere I have a VHS tape of him diving into a stream and coming out with a live fish in his mouth.

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

AOL accounts are making a comeback.  Kinda like hipsters with VHS tapes and cassette tapes.  

I have an AOL account.   What’s the difference?    Would I be better off switch to gmail where Google collects all kinds of data from my emails and sells it to advertisers?

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

I'm all for pushing it so far over the top that it's comic genius.  The players won't take it as serious advice, they'll just bust up laughing.  Who's the most absurd living player in Orioles history?  Oh, wait... that's Rick Dempsey.  Not only did he do his rain delay thing, but somewhere I have a VHS tape of him diving into a stream and coming out with a live fish in his mouth.

Lets get Big Ben to handle cardio for the pitchers...by having them wrestle alligators. 

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Please please please upvote this post. It's magnificent.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Please please please upvote this post. It's magnificent.

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Lets get Big Ben to handle cardio for the pitchers...by having them wrestle alligators. 

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Ross Grimsley to help with whatever, just so long as he shows up with his 1977 hair.

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Check the main board you savages.  Let's ride.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I have an AOL account.   What’s the difference?    Would I be better off switch to gmail where Google collects all kinds of data from my emails and sells it to advertisers?

I have a gmail account solely to send emails to all my friends about how duckduckgoose.com is so much better.

Archived