Who's gonna be the pitching coach?

interloper

I think whoever we hire for Pitching coach, along with Hitting coach Don along, could just be here for a year. Elias was a late hire as a GM and then Hyde was a really late hire as a manager. The coaching staff is looking like we just need to fill it out for a year and then give these guys a full off season to bring in their guys. So I could see a pitching coach version of Don Long. 

Hate to say it, but I think we’ve been turned down by some people. 

Jim Hickey ! Did a great job with the Cubs his only season with them. Prior to that 10 or 11 seasons with Tampa.  He knows Cobb and if we don't trade him he can hopefully get him back on track for this season. His numbers with the Cubs starters and relievers was excellent last season. Hopefully our new manager had a good relationship with him.  He's the best that's available.

6 hours ago, section18 said:

Jim Hickey ! Did a great job with the Cubs his only season with them. Prior to that 10 or 11 seasons with Tampa.  He knows Cobb and if we don't trade him he can hopefully get him back on track for this season. His numbers with the Cubs starters and relievers was excellent last season. Hopefully our new manager had a good relationship with him.  He's the best that's available.

He left the Cubs for “personal reasons”. Who knows if he’d want to come back. I’m sure he’s had a bunch of offers. He’d be a great hire  

I always had this perception of Doug Brocail as being one of the worst major league pitchers.  Why, I couldn't tell you.  But, he was better than I gave him credit for all those years ago.  Can't say I know much about his coaching record other than a very quick Google search that told me they were bottom of the league in ERA.  Is it all his fault, not at all, the average age of the Rangers rotation last year was 33, heavily skewered by Bartolo Colon.  But, at the end of the day it's just a move.

2 hours ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

I always had this perception of Doug Brocail as being one of the worst major league pitchers.  Why, I couldn't tell you.  But, he was better than I gave him credit for all those years ago.  Can't say I know much about his coaching record other than a very quick Google search that told me they were bottom of the league in ERA.  Is it all his fault, not at all, the average age of the Rangers rotation last year was 33, heavily skewered by Bartolo Colon.  But, at the end of the day it's just a move.

Pitched until he was 42.

Archived