Orioles ZiPS

Just Regular

8 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yikes, looking at those projections could the 2019 be even worse?  Assuming Elias and Sig don’t work some of their magic on the roster. ?‍♂️

While Szymborski cautions against adding up the WAR in addition to a replacement level team to come up with team Wins, he did say on twitter that this was actually pointed to more wins than last year. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

While Szymborski cautions against adding up the WAR in addition to a replacement level team to come up with team Wins, he did say on twitter that this was actually pointed to more wins than last year. 

Last year's talent level pointed to more wins.

It is really hard to lose 115.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m hoping improved defense and an influx of young players hungry to prove themselves will lead to a marginally better record.  

Still expecting 100 losses.  

Right this second I'm going with 102.  Which is still a significant improvement.

56 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The Vlad treatment?

You mean make sure he can play some semblance of defense before they promote him?

I actually don't have a problem with them holding Vlad back last year, his defense at third was a serious concern.

Not giving Diaz even a cup of coffee next year, or a 25-man spot on Opening Day 2020 so we can have Arb4 2026 Yusniel Diaz.

Tangentially, on the Vlad deal, I am kind of rooting for age-based free agency in a future CBA.  I think it would only be good for the game for clubs to get to use the rare deserving 19-year olds as long as they want until they are 26 or 27.

I think if the Blue Jays contended last year like the 2012 Orioles, we probably would have seen Vlad in July just like Machado.  Alternately, if the Nationals weren't a contender last year, I imagine now the talk would be about how much Juan Soto dominated the high minors.

I'd like all the Machado/Soto/Vlad Jr the planet has to offer.

41 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Not giving Diaz even a cup of coffee next year, or a 25-man spot on Opening Day 2020 so we can have Arb4 2026 Yusniel Diaz.

Tangentially, on the Vlad deal, I am kind of rooting for age-based free agency in a future CBA.  I think it would only be good for the game for clubs to get to use the rare deserving 19-year olds as long as they want until they are 26 or 27.

I think if the Blue Jays contended last year like the 2012 Orioles, we probably would have seen Vlad in July just like Machado.  Alternately, if the Nationals weren't a contender last year, I imagine now the talk would be about how much Juan Soto dominated the high minors.

I'd like all the Machado/Soto/Vlad Jr the planet has to offer.

They need to change something because the whole concept of holding back players (who are clearly ready) just for added service time is getting ridiculous. Every year there seem to be more and more players that fall victim to this strategy. It's not good for the game. 

7 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

They need to change something because the whole concept of holding back players (who are clearly ready) just for added service time is getting ridiculous. Every year there seem to be more and more players that fall victim to this strategy. It's not good for the game. 

I think the concept among fans is more prevalent than the practice among teams.

That being said I expect the next CBA will address it.

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

Do they still make Buckhorn?  If not Shiner Bock will do ? or longneck  Lone Star fer sure!

Shiner is big here. Lonestar is for the homegrown crowd. There are so many breweries all over the place here that there’s no shortage of good beer.

Archived