Austin Hays

LAOSfan

3 minutes ago, Natty said:

My bad, didn't mean to say experts. How about 'serious fans' like me. I haven't seen where Mullins is any better defensively out there than Rickard. Maybe I'm missing something. 

Luke says Mullins looked significantly better in the minors.  Hopefully he plays at that level in the majors going forward.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm out.

Me too, if “expert” is the criterion.   Honestly, I haven’t watched a lot of any of the three.   I certainly can say Mullins is the fastest of the three and Hays has the best arm, Mullins the weakest.    I think Rickard and Hays have pretty similar speed (Hays was a little faster in 2017, per Statcast) but who gets better jumps I couldn’t say.   

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Me too, if “expert” is the criterion.   Honestly, I haven’t watched a lot of any of the three.   I certainly can say Mullins is the fastest of the three and Hays has the best arm, Mullins the weakest.    I think Rickard and Hays have pretty similar speed (Hays was a little faster in 2017, per Statcast) but who gets better jumps I couldn’t say.   

Rickard is old hat. Please let the young guys get a chance. This is rebuild year. So let's guys get a chance. 

29 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Maybe he will listen to his coaches and be better positioned.

We can only hope.    

I wonder how fast Jones was in his (defensive) prime?    Hays is faster than I’d realized — 28.9 ft/sec sprint speed in 2017.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We can only hope.    

I wonder how fast Jones was in his (defensive) prime?    Hays is faster than I’d realized — 28.9 ft/sec sprint speed in 2017.

I'm interested in where he is now after the injuries and the mechanical changes.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm interested in where he is now after the injuries and the mechanical changes.

Yes, will be interesting to see.    But I read he looked pretty fast legging out a triple the other day.   

I want Hays in RF on opening day and Diaz (CF or LF) and Mouncastle (DH?) up by mid-season. I don't care about service time. If they're ready let them play (and gain experience) and give us a reason to watch/hope. 

I also don't think there can be an "official" changing of the guard on this team until they cut all ties with Chris Davis. If I was ownership/management I wouldn't let him near our key prospects with a ten foot pole. 

3 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

If I was ownership/management I wouldn't let him near our key prospects with a ten foot pole. 

Help me understand this thought. Makes it sound like the guy has the plague. I know there's a lot of hub bub about him not working very hard. But I don't know if I believe it. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Trumbo is out there so they can convince a team at the deadline to eat the rest of his salary.

Not happening now that Trumbo has that big red stamp "Injury Prone" on his resume.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

We can only hope.    

I remember when some national prospect dude (I think it was Keith Law) gave him a 45 run grade because he didn’t steal bases.

9 minutes ago, Philip said:

I wonder if any of our starting position players are good enough to start on any other team?

Check out the Marlins roster. And their division is also one of the toughest. They might be our only competition for 2020's #1 pick. 

Archived