Would receiving the 2020 #1 pick be a considered strategy?

justcompete

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't think they will have to do a whole lot to get the #1 pick again, this team will be bad this year.

If guys like Bundy, Cobb, Givens etc get traded, like Wildcard said they will lose a lot later in the season. 

For me all I really want to see this year is the youngs guys prove they can play at the MLB level, and the top prospects in the minors have good years and move closer to the majors.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It would take a combination of Mullins, Sisco, Hays, Wright and Harvey busting out to avoid anything outside a top 5 pick.  

That's true, but I was thinking selling assets. Last year was rough , but we should have been better. I thought we were a 75 win team last year and we won 47. That's incredibly bad luck. 

1 minute ago, Riggodrill44 said:

That's true, but I was thinking selling assets. Last year was rough , but we should have been better. I thought we were a 75 win team last year and we won 47. That's incredibly bad luck. 

There is no doubt last year’s team underperformed.  

Elias is going to trade any veterans that have value and that should help guarantee a top 3 draft pick.  

Archived