Donnie Hart DFA!

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the Orioles brought back Hanser Alberto, whom they had just lost on waivers to the Giants.

”oh Hanser, I just can’t quit you.”

meanwhile, sad for Donnie. And curious about the reason. Do we really need yet another infielder? And Don’t we need a competent LF reliever?

What does it say about Martin and Jackson that Elias reacquired Alberto?

Hart is out of option.  Probably was not going to make the OD roster.  Was going to have to be DFA'd at some point.   He is a LOOGY.  Elias probably wants pitchers that can be lefties and righties out.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Hart is out of option.  Probably was not going to make the OD roster.  Was going to have to be DFA'd at some point.   He is a LOOGY.  Elias probably wants pitchers that can be lefties and righties out.

I don't know that it says much. Martin and Jackson are playing well in spring. Hanser was first claimed before the games started so Elias always wanted him in the mix. Just more guys. 

If anything it says more about guys like Wilkerson who were already here. 

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I like what I have seen in Martin.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I don't know that it says much. Martin and Jackson are playing well in spring. Hanser was first claimed before the games started so Elias always wanted him in the mix. Just more guys. 

If anything it says more about guys like Wilkerson who were already here. 

I don't see Wilkerson making the team out of camp.  He has an option and will probably go to Norfolk.   I don't see Alberto effecting him. 

Alberto is out of options.   Bringing him back means he is competing with Martin and Jackson IMO.

I like what I’ve seen from all the infielders so far. No one is perfect but each has virtues. But I don’t see why Alberto is so desirable. At this moment, a mediocre defender with a good bat would be an outlier, but everyone we have is a competent defender who can’t hit. Flip a coin four times and that could be your infield.

Archived