Donnie Hart DFA!

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Time for the Donnie Hart appreciation thread?    I’m kind of surprised that a strong team with a pretty good farm system would be picking up Hart.   It will be interesting to see if he sticks on their 40-man.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Time for the Donnie Hart appreciation thread?    I’m kind of surprised that a strong team with a pretty good farm system would be picking up Hart.   It will be interesting to see if he sticks on their 40-man.

Thank goodness. 

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

DFA'ed Josh Fields.

I wonder if there will be a thread soon asking if the Orioles should claim him?

4 minutes ago, weams said:

Thank goodness. 

Your dislike of Hart is hilarious.    

For the record, the Hart Era ends with him posting a 3.43 career ERA for the O’s.   Not bad for a 27th round draft pick.    Can’t say I’ll miss the guy, but I’ve seen a lot worse.    

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

DFA'ed Josh Fields.

I wonder if there will be a thread soon asking if the Orioles should claim him?

Rule 5 pick by the Astros in 2012, Luhnow/Elias’ first crack at Rule 5 (Luhnow became GM just after the 2011 Rule 5 draft).    

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Your dislike of Hart is hilarious.    

For the record, the Hart Era ends with him posting a 3.43 career ERA for the O’s.   Not bad for a 27th round draft pick.    Can’t say I’ll miss the guy, but I’ve seen a lot worse.    

He was really good in 16 and that was a playoff team. Like you said for the round he was drafted in just making the bigs is a success. 

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

33 years old and earning 2.85m.  He does not fit the O's.  

I’m not advocating for him at all.   But isn’t that $2.85 mm out the window once he’s DFA in spring training?     

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m not advocating for him at all.   But isn’t that $2.85 mm out the window once he’s DFA in spring training?     

If he is claimed the claiming team is on the hook for all. If he goes unclaimed the Dodgers have to pay him 30 days of his salary. 

Archived