Hunter Harvey headlines 1st spring cuts, but no surprises

Tony-OH

Thanks for the writeup and the synopsis...synopsises.  Synopsi?

I think Harvey has been one of the more pleasant surprises so far.  Yes, he's healthy but the velocity is there, too.

In the pic Tony included, he looks like he's filled out a bit more, too.  Still skinny, but there looks to be some more weight there.

Every time I read about Lee doing badly, I think about the very successful year Andrew Triggs had with Oakland after we dumped him so we could keep Lee. Triggs has been pretty injury prone since that year, but even if he never gets back, He did more than Lee ever will

On 3/3/2019 at 7:00 PM, Philip said:

Every time I read about Lee doing badly, I think about the very successful year Andrew Triggs had with Oakland after we dumped him so we could keep Lee. Triggs has been pretty injury prone since that year, but even if he never gets back, He did more than Lee ever will

Triggs has a career 0.5 WAR and hasn't amounted to much. I don't think it was really some huge mistake in the grand scheme of things.

30 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

Triggs has a career 0.5 WAR and hasn't amounted to much. I don't think it was really some huge mistake in the grand scheme of things.

What’s Lee’s career WAR?

Ive never said Triggs was the second coming, but his problems have mostly been injury-related, and his good year would have been valuable for us, and remains superior to anything Lee has done, or promised to do at the time Triggs was let go. It’s moot now, because the guys who made the decision are gone, but still rankles.

2 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

Let me clarify that my issue isn’t with that move by itself, but with the overall handling of pitching in general during the previous regime. Fortunately the old regime has gone into that dark night, so it’s moot.

having said that, it is questionable to complain about the departed player having only .5 WAR when the one kept in preference has none at all.

Archived