O's players on the bubble get fewer and fewer

wildcard

10 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I'm actually a little more concerned with Carroll's 2018 MLB debut because he's dealt with command and stuff inconsistencies throughout the 2018 season, despite the stellar minor league stats. Phillips was steady and the only struggles were in his MLB debut. Carroll has more upside though because he does have a plus slider with some frequency. 

I heard Carroll on the radio this AM. When asked about the data, he said they had it all in NY, and then he came to Baltimore and there was nothing. He didn't throw the O's under the bus or make excuses, but he matter of factly made it seem like the O's were flying blind compared to the Yankees.  

Elias and Sig might end up being amazing, but they just have to be "current" to make a huge difference with this franchise.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I heard Carroll on the radio this AM. When asked about the data, he said they had it all in NY, and then he came to Baltimore and there was nothing. He didn't throw the O's under the bus or make excuses, but he matter of factly made it seem like the O's were flying blind compared to the Yankees.  

Elias and Sig might end up being amazing, but they just have to be "current" to make a huge difference with this franchise.

Oh, I agree completely. I think having McDowell and his two-seam, down in the zone, pitch to contact philosophy gone helps too.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I found it interesting that he only went one inning yesterday and then Hyde made a comment that he "didn't have his best fastball." With the recovery time issues and lack of "best fastball" I believe it is certainly time to start having concerns. I could see him starting the year on the DL and go through a minor league rehab. 

If so, this gives means that Hess, Ramirez, Yacobonis, Ynoa and maybe even Wright have a better shot at the rotation because there will be two spots open at the beginning of the season.

I think they are currently in that order for the 4th and 5th spot if Karns can't answer the bell.

Archived