Opening Day Online Sale

Going Underground

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

If you order single tickets and not a season member they charge you an additional $4.00 order processing fee.

The whole service fee is a scam. Don’t offer a online only purchase method and then charge for it. How much money do these places make in fees never mind tickets a year? When I exchange my tickets I usually do it in person.  

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I was finally able to log in to the Account Manager, and verified that I did get the tickets that I was hoping to get. 

What a cluster. With interest significantly lower than in years past you think they would be able to do this without screw-ups, but alas.

I got an email immediately. 

As far as your last point no doubt. No reason for this.  

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The whole service fee is a scam. Don’t offer a online only purchase method and then charge for it. How much money do these places make in fees never mind tickets a year? When I exchange my tickets I usually do it in person.  

Ticketmaster is the worst. But depending on the fees,some are split and some the venue takes in full.

Face Price

Also known as the base price, it is set by the team, act, and/or venue. In general, Ticketmaster remits the face value to the client, minus expenses.

$250.00Service Fee

Service fees help Ticketmaster turn a profit. Even if you buy a fan-to-fan resale ticket from Ticketmaster Verified Tickets, it is also subject to a fee (shared by Ticketmaster and the client) based on the sale price of the ticket. For a Selena Gomez concert at the United Center in Chicago, the fee was 17 percent, or $84.66 for a $498 seat.

$23.00

Order Processing Fee

The fee varies and is shared by Ticketmaster and its client. You can avoid it by buying tickets at a retail outlet or box office$4.25Facility ChargeThis fee is set by the venue, which receives 100 percent of it.$4.00Delivery

Electronic ticket delivery is usually free. Standard delivery for paper tickets typically ranges from no charge to around $4.50 and can take up to 14 days. Next-day delivery can cost $25. The $19.50 fee at left is for second-day delivery. You can pick up your tickets at the box office or will-call free of charge.

$19.50Total20 percent of the face value of the ticket$300.75

https://www.consumerreports.org/money/ticket-fee-frenzy/

I guess people with problems were many.

As if the projected second straight league-worst season in 2019 isn’t bad enough.

Orioles season-ticket holders reported facing technical difficulties on the Ticketmaster website Wednesday while trying to purchase tickets for Opening Day at Camden Yards on April 4

@Orioles @Ticketmaster what are we doing boys? Let’s get this opening day sale under control and take care of the people that are still actually buying season ticket plans

This story will be updated if and when the team and Ticketmaster share more details. Big if .......

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-md-orioles-technical-difficulties-20190306-story.html

Just now, Going Underground said:

Good for the Orioles. I know they had to change to Ticketmaster to be able to host the Billy Joel concert but at least two messups.The Fanfest signings that sold too many autograph vouchers and this.Should be called Ticketdisaster .

I just received this message in an email as well. 

Archived