Fangraphs’ team positional rankings

Frobby

25 minutes ago, Mayor McCheese said:

I still can't believe that we are not last @ 3B position.  Maybe they just felt bad for us...Nunez and Ruiz/Wilkerson, that's just....awful.

Nunez isn't a terrible prospect, he might actually have a career.  In '17 he homered at the same rate as his Nashville teammate and fellow 23-year-old Matt Olson.  Olson now has 53 Major League homers in 232 games.

On the other hand, the Royals are starting Hunter Dozier, who was worth -1.3 wins in his age 26 season.

On 3/20/2019 at 8:35 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

Nunez isn't a terrible prospect, he might actually have a career.  In '17 he homered at the same rate as his Nashville teammate and fellow 23-year-old Matt Olson.  Olson now has 53 Major League homers in 232 games.

On the other hand, the Royals are starting Hunter Dozier, who was worth -1.3 wins in his age 26 season.

I can't believe Nunez actually was league average last year.  My main memories is of him hitting HRs in garbage time, and striking out in any medium-or-higher leverage situation.

7 minutes ago, Hallas said:

I can't believe Nunez actually was league average last year.  My main memories is of him hitting HRs in garbage time, and striking out in any medium-or-higher leverage situation.

You might be on to something, as Nunez had a WPA of -0.74.    In fact, only one Orioles hitter with at least 100 PA had a positive WPA (Manny, of course).