TT: Roster takes shape less than a week out (Roster prediction)

Tony-OH

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I wonder if there's ever been so much interest in a roster after a 47 win season?

Tell you what... I'm much more interested in what the roster looks like on July 1 when service time is no longer a concern with Hays. (and Diaz too?)

I am pretty much the same. I think Trumbo should go on the 60 day IL for Sucre.

But, I would keep Peterson instead of Alberto, as Pete can play the OF as well and a LH bat in a RH dominant lineup.

Villar can move to SS if need a few days off for Martin. Otherwise, Jax or Pete can handle SS for a few innings. They won’t win any gold gloves, but it isn’t awful like Beckham. 

Would rather see Scott in AAA. He’s not in sync right now. Let him get right and come back soon. I watched him warmup on Wednesday and he was all over the place in the pen. Let’s us keep a little more length in Means or Rogers maybe. 

Araujo looked very good Wednesday night when I saw him live, and he gave my little guy a ball for his 8th birthday between innings...so I like him. lol Seriously, he looked a lot better than he had earlier this Spring. 

So, Trumbo on the 60 IL, Alberto DFA and we get Sucre and Peterson. I think Wilkerson, Yefry Ramirez and Evan Phillips are vulnerable in that order. 

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

Also, I strongly suspect that we’ll make a couple of waiver pickups before Opening Day that cause us to drop some guys off the current 40-man.    It just stands to reason that the dregs of many other teams’ 40-man rosters are better than ours and there will be upgrades to be had.   

Well, it took less than 24 hours for the O’s to make their first waiver claim.    Probably not their last.   

17 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Because he has the highest ceiling of any pitcher in the pen. 

Ceilings are future. His present is not stable and he is currently too wild to have in the pen.

Scott will be in the roster, but only because Winning is not a priority( boy that sounds bitter.) I agree with Atomic, but I understand why Scott will make it.

32 minutes ago, Philip said:

Ceilings are future. His present is not stable and he is currently too wild to have in the pen.

Scott will be in the roster, but only because Winning is not a priority( boy that sounds bitter.) I agree with Atomic, but I understand why Scott will make it.

So if he is wild in the pen this year it costs the team what exactly? 

If they think his development would be better suited for minors then by all means he can go down. 

48 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

So if he is wild in the pen this year it costs the team what exactly? 

If they think his development would be better suited for minors then by all means he can go down. 

Yes, that was my point. He’s not going to be very good, and if they think that not being very good in Baltimore instead of in Norfolk is better, then sure, why not.

Archived