Orioles trade with Giants....Again

Legend_Of_Joey

Condolences to wildcard.    Good break for Yaz because he was going to either struggle for playing time or end up in AA.   Can’t say that Herb looks like a nugget but maybe he’s got a good spin rate. 

Edit — I see the wildcard and spin rate remarks weren’t exactly original.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Condolences to wildcard.    Good break for Yaz because he was going to either struggle for playing time or end up in AA.   Can’t say that Herb looks like a nugget but maybe he’s got a good spin rate. 

Edit — I see the wildcard and spin rate remarks weren’t exactly original.   

Wouldnt surprise me if they liked something about Herb. He's a starter for one, but the O's have plenty of options in AAA. 

Good return for Yaz.   Herb was the Giant 15th prospect one year ago according to John Sickels   Yaz had too many outfielders pass him this spring in the O's organization.

15) Tyler Herb, RHP, Grade C+: Age 25, 29th round pick from Coastal Carolina by the Seattle Mariners in 2014, traded to Giants last summer for Chris Heston; very good year in Double-A, 3.09 ERA in 163 innings with 136/48 K/BB, 158 hits; inning-eater type with 89-92 sinker, average curve, slider, change-up; nothing spectacular but it adds up into something good due to his pitching instincts and command; projects as useful four/five starter or long reliever, similar to Chris Heston five years ago; ETA 2018.

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2018/2/28/17061970/san-francisco-giants-top-20-prospects-for-2018

A projected 5th starter.  He should fit right in with the O's.  He was on the Giants 40 man roster but was outrighted and is now on a minor league contract.

16 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Yaz was most likely going to be on the bench in Norfolk or Bowie anyway with all the outfielders the Orioles have. Maybe he will get a chance in San Fran.

No idea who Tyler Herb is. Waiting on @Luke-OH awesome write up.

I don’t know much on the guy, from what I’ve been able find he’s a low 90s sinker, slider, change guy who had been good at getting GBs until last season.

This is more about the OF glut you mentioned than Herb in all likelihood.

Archived