Who’s your choice for most pleasant surprise of 2019?

Frobby

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

I think he gets almost no hype on this board, and I think Frobby's right about why he doesn't. People talk a ton about Hall, GRod, Akin, Lowther, Pop, Kremer and probably others before Knight. 

The summer they were drafted out of college, Lowther and Baumann pitched 54 and 42 innings, respectively.    Due to his heavy college workload, Knight only pitched 10.1 pro innings last summer.    Not much to go on.    I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do.   

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The summer they were drafted out of college, Lowther and Baumann pitched 54 and 42 innings, respectively.    Due to his heavy college workload, Knight only pitched 10.1 pro innings last summer.    Not much to go on.    I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do.   

I hope he's as good as I'm predicting. I don't want to appear imperfect on the interwebs!

6 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What it is about Ruiz that makes people think he's going to be a solid major leaguer?  I haven't really seen him play, but he's repeated AAA twice and last year OPS'd .711 in a full season at Gwinnett.  Is the thought that the new regime changed his swing?  

The projection systems seem to have him pegged at something like a .675 OPS and positive-ish defense.

I don't see it either with Ruiz. Looks like a mid/high .600 OPS type.

Nunez seems the better bet to me.

4 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

The lack of self awareness is hilarious.

He doesn't appear to get any joy out of posting here. It appears he's here to tell everything they're wrong and to simply vent his own Orioles frustrations, which tend to get vented at others.

Archived