Who’s your choice for most pleasant surprise of 2019?

Frobby

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I think he gets almost no hype on this board, and I think Frobby's right about why he doesn't. People talk a ton about Hall, GRod, Akin, Lowther, Pop, Kremer and probably others before Knight. 

Why should we? Because his results at the highest levels of college ball were excellent. He's not a 98-100 mph guy, but I think his stuff is plenty good to be a #2/#3 ML pitcher.

(Note: I'm obviously a little off with my assessment of his stuff. That has to be why he fell in the draft a bit and isn't a highly touted guy yet. Hopefully that statement about a change up that he made on the radio is a hint of improvements in stuff to come.)

I thought this was just for the majors... and Selma Hayek.  B|

But now that you mention it, Kremer's a good choice.  Seems like he has a good chance of making Baltimore's roster at some point this year.   

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Please don't group him with honest curmudgeons such as myself.

I don't always agree with you, but you don't post uninformed drivel.  Although, you do like flogging the occasional dead horse.  Was that another Roberts PED reference?  :-)

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

I don't always agree with you, but you don't post uninformed drivel.  Although, you do like flogging the occasional dead horse.  Was that another Roberts PED reference?  ?

Sure was.

Next I'll mention Delmon Young's history of hate crimes.

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Please don't group him with honest curmudgeons such as myself.

Sorry, I'll come up with a better term for him.  Sophist?  That may be giving too much credit.  Polemicist?  Mountebank?  Maybe I should look for words people have used post-1750.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Sorry, I'll come up with a better term for him.  Sophist?  That may be giving too much credit.  Polemicist?  Mountebank?  Maybe I should look for words people have used post-1750.

Or you could go pre-1750 and use something like crosspatch

28 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I thought this was just for the majors... and Selma Hayek.  B|

But now that you mention it, Kremer's a good choice.  Seems like he has a good chance of making Baltimore's roster at some point this year.   

I tried the majors - Castro - but really don't have a lot of confidence in any of them. I really think the vast majority of potential FV is in Mullins and a couple of bullpen arms. The rest might have the upside of average regulars this year. Cobb, Villar and Givens could be good, but that's not really a surprise. They've all been good before.

30 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I don't always agree with you, but you don't post uninformed drivel.  Although, you do like flogging the occasional dead horse.  Was that another Roberts PED reference?  ?

Let's clarify for all. Brian Roberts, like David Ortiz, used PEDs to achieve the level of success they had in the MLB. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

I was going to mention that we're probably too late for Lew Ford (who turned 42 last summer), but I was trying to uphold the dignity of the board.

Isn't that a bit like trying to uphold the dignity of the Orioles pitching staff?

Archived