Which O's players match Elias criteria to be in the majors?

wildcard

30 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I ignore the stats at Harbor  Park.   I watch the Tides away stats.  

I disagree with this approach.   I gave you a hypothetical a week or two ago.   Player one hits .900 on the road and .700 at Harbor Park.   Player two hits .825 both at home and on the road.    Is player one better because he hit better on the road?

55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I disagree with this approach.   I gave you a hypothetical a week or two ago.   Player one hits .900 on the road and .700 at Harbor Park.   Player two hits .825 both at home and on the road.    Is player one better because he hit better on the road?

Just ignore the .700 at home.  If a  young player can hit .900 on the road in the International League he is probably going to get his chance in the majors as long as he can field.

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I give Elias credit. Pretty much every young hitter mashed in ST. He stayed the course. Why take a chance and “rush” any of them when we have the freedom that losing/rebuilding gives us?

The young guys got a taste of what it’s like not to be “blocked” by established MLBers. Now they need to handle their business in the minors and earn their way back up. 

The Orioles not trademarking "The Freedom to Lose" and making it their 2019 season catchphrase is a missed opportunity. 

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Just ignore the .700 at home.  If a  young player can hit .900 on the road in the International League he is probably going to get his chance in the majors as long as he can field.

I would imagine if they have batted ball tracking tech in the minor league stadiums it would be easy have a program analyze and adjust which balls would have been homeruns in Camden yards. 

If someone is hitting poorly due to lots of long fly balls at the warning track in Norfolk vs someone else who is hitting weak ground balls then those are two different players. 

19 minutes ago, bird watcher said:

I would imagine if they have batted ball tracking tech in the minor league stadiums it would be easy have a program analyze and adjust which balls would have been homeruns in Camden yards. 

If someone is hitting poorly due to lots of long fly balls at the warning track in Norfolk vs someone else who is hitting weak ground balls then those are two different players. 

OK, where does the general public get the read outs on the tracking at Harbor Park?

10 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Scrounge the box scores of every Tides game.

That will not help.   If the tracking information is not available to the fans its not much help to those watching the game.  Well except management.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

OK, where does the general public get the read outs on the tracking at Harbor Park?

I have never seen it but I would imagine the Orioles have lots of propriety information not available to the public.  I would also bet they will have lots more in the next year due to the new regime. 

19 hours ago, wildcard said:

That will not help.   If the tracking information is not available to the fans its not much help to those watching the game.  Well except management.

While you can’t get this kind of data publicly, you certainly can get K rate, GB rate and BB rate.   

Archived