BEHOLD: Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2019

interloper

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think the reason is due diligence.

There's no way to know, I suppose. Still, either way, you're going to burn out early if you're already complaining about Davis in the lineup. 

Come on, tonight could be when he gets his first hit of the season!!!!

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I hope this part of some let Davis fail his way into being DFA-ed or shame into talking a buyout. Orioles can’t keep winning games with a 23 (Davis & Araujo don’t contribute) man roster.

D3K4EkLXcAAdy7Y?format=jpg&name=large

They have to prove to themselves, ownership and the rest of the baseball world that Davis is a lost cause before they dump him. How embarrassing would it be if they cut him and he signed a one-year deal for the minimum with another team and had a productive year?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

They have to prove to themselves, ownership and the rest of the baseball world that Davis is a lost cause before they dump him. How embarrassing would it be if they cut him and he signed a one-year deal for the minimum with another team and had a productive year?

Bingo. You build an iron-clad case for releasing a record amount of dead money. You leave no room for second guessing. None.

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

There's no way to know, I suppose. Still, either way, you're going to burn out early if you're already complaining about Davis in the lineup. 

Come on, tonight could be when he gets his first hit of the season!!!!

While I appreciate the concern I know how to pace myself.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

I have a better chance of winning Powerball, but yes I know the new regime is going to give Davis a full test ride before writing him off.

If Davis gets released no team is going to give him a chance unless he agrees to an assignment in AAA first. I would be surprised if Davis can hit .230 against minor league pitching.

6 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Slightly less embarrassing than a 115 loss season?

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I have a better chance of winning Powerball, but yes I know the new regime is going to give Davis a full test ride before writing him off.

If Davis gets released no team is going to give him a chance unless he agrees to an assignment in AAA first. I would be surprised if Davis can hit .230 against minor league pitching.

Davis might do it out of pride and then actually make changes to his swing, something he hasn't done with all the big money he's getting from the O's.

6 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

There is literally no team that would sign Davis for the most minimum right now.   Maybe a MiL deal.