Who Goes For Cobb

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Going Underground said:

I  say Yacobonis gets sent down after today. Either comes back if bullpen is overworked,an injury or when Araujo gets sent down. Like 10 more days or so I think.

Seems likely.   Hyde said Yac would pitch today after Karns.   Have him go as long as possible and then option him.    I believe his 10 days in the minors will expire either the same day or within a day    of when Araujo can be sent down.   

Just now, Frobby said:

Seems likely.   Hyde said Yac would pitch today after Karns.   Have him go as long as possible and then option him.    I believe his 10 days in the minors will expire either the same day or within a day    of when Araujo can be sent down.   

But can Araujo pick up the Yac slack for 10 days?

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

But can Araujo pick up the Yac slack for 10 days?

Arajuo won’t ever see above AA once he is sent down. He was a flyer that we took as our 3rd pick in the rule 5 as a guy Buck liked in the AFL. Idk why we’re so invested in keeping him. 

Karns, Means and Bleier all have options available so if one of them is bombed or stretched out significantly and won't be able to pitch for a bit, I could see one going down until the Orioles can jettison Araujo.

Honestly, I'd be ask Davis how he feels and if he says anything from a a hangnail hurts or feeling were hurt from striking out so much, I'd DL him to make room. I'd also not be against DFAing Araujo but then again, I would not have kept him in the first place this spring.

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Arajuo won’t ever see above AA once he is sent down. He was a flyer that we took as our 3rd pick in the rule 5 as a guy Buck liked in the AFL. Idk why we’re so invested in keeping him. 

So, there's a chance?

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Karns, Means and Bleier all have options available so if one of them is bombed or stretched out significantly and won't be able to pitch for a bit, I could see one going down until the Orioles can jettison Araujo.

Honestly, I'd be ask Davis how he feels and if he says anything from a a hangnail hurts or feeling were hurt from striking out so much, I'd DL him to make room. I'd also not be against DFAing Araujo but then again, I would not have kept him in the first place this spring.

I'm pretty sure Davis has been experiencing lower back pain.

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don't really disagree with this. Based off what I saw last year, this spring and even trying to erase that abysmal appearance Monday, I just don't see a major league pitcher. He's a one trick pony with a well below average fastball. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Arajuo essentially fits into the "a penny saved is a penny earned" category. When winning isn't the #1 priority, you can afford to stash someone for two weeks in the off chance you strike gold. If we do that with 10-20 players throughout the system, someone just might hit.

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’d prefer to send down Mullins instead of Rickard, but I understand why that probably won’t happen.

I don't. Mullins shouldn't have any guarantees. He's looking like a guy who actually really does need developmental work. I wouldn't hate it if our MiL guys got to work with him for a while. There is no rush to have him play CF in the majors. 

9 minutes ago, Philip said:

assuming Nunez doesn’t go on the IL, how about optioning Rickard to make room for Cobb?

if our greatest versatility is in the OF, that’s where the move should be,

Jackson can fill in, and if Nunez does go on the IL, Rickard can be immediately recalled.

A good idea. Get a mini look at Jackson while you're at it.

Archived