The Silver Lining Report: Game 5/162 (O's win 2-1)

interloper

The Orioles have now won 8.5% of the amount of games they won all of 2018 and 20% of the number of road wins in 2018.

Man that 2018 team was pretty bad huh?

• Andrew Cashner: Real good! 6 IP, the majority of which he was 1-hitting the Jays. 10 ground balls. Much better command.

• Jonathan Villar: Stays hot. 2-3, 3B, 2B, RBI. Slugging .619!

• Trey Mancini: The other RBI hit, a single. Continues to hit balls hard and is batting .450. 

• Joey Rickard: The guy only gets XBH. 2 more doubles today, plus a walk. 

• Paul Fry: Underrated performance. 2 scoreless innings in a tight game against a bunch of righties to prevent any bullpen shenanigans and bring some stability. I love that we just got this guy for cash. He's not doing any sexy out there but it works. 

• Miguel Castro: Save #4 comes from closer #4. He got it done!

• Chris Davis: Two outstanding defensive plays, one on a diving stop and flip to the pitcher, the other on a really difficult short-hop scoop to JUST beat the runner. In a tight game like this, these are huge plays. 

• Hanser Alberto: Made a nice play at 2B and picked up a couple of singles. I like that he's on the team and hope he doesn't get DFA for Cobb.

• Jesús Sucre: Just going to keep calling out this guy for being a stalwart back there. It's hard to know exactly what he's responsible for, but the pitchers keep praising him and there's something about his demeanor and receiving back there that seems to be clicking for everyone. The fact that OH seems to really like him when he hasn't even thrown out a runner yet says something. 

• Mini ?s: A hit each for Dwight Smith (5 straight games) and Rio Ruiz.

• Errors: 0 

• Brandon Hyde: A drama-free game was probably pretty nice for him. Back-to-back series wins and the bullpen is rested for the next Karns opener. Well done. 

• Worried about some guys not hitting?: Mookie Betts .222, Benintendi .150, Altuve .174, Bregman .200. It's early!

Just now, Frobby said:

Doesn’t there have to be a dark cloud in order to have a silver lining?   The sky is pretty bright at the moment.   

Yeah my thread idea is kind of shot at the moment. Lol. These are more recaps right now. Oh well! 

Just now, interloper said:

Yeah my thread idea is kind of shot at the moment. Lol. These are more recaps right now. Oh well! 

Hey, keep ‘em coming!   I’m glad you’ve got lots of material.    

Is anyone else really encouraged about Cashner and Hess? Those were two great outings by the rotation. If only Bundy can figure out how to pitch with his lowered velocity. This team might not be so bad after all. 

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Is anyone else really encouraged about Cashner and Hess? Those were two great outings by the rotation. If only Bundy can figure out how to pitch with his lowered velocity. This team might not be so bad after all. 

I'm loving their performances. Also a huge Paul Fry fan since the Orioles got him from Seattle and loved what I saw in Bowie, along with a story I'll post soon about him.

Archived