Attendance 2019

Frobby

23 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

In the year 2100 people will look back at us and get this funny look and shake their heads and wonder what the heck we were thinking.  About a lot of stuff, but surely about bottled water.  "Would you like free water that's nearly 100% safe out of the tap, or essentially an identical product that you can pay 2.50 for?  Oh, I'll take the expensive one!"  This is a bubble that has to burst, right?  This isn't 1780s London, where the tap water was full of human waste and cholera.  If you're not in Flint or maybe South Sudan you're fine.

http://www.cc.com/video-playlists/kw3fj0/the-opposition-with-jordan-klepper-welcome-to-the-opposition-w--jordan-klepper/pymif1

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I gave up drinking soda about 4 years ago.    Used to drink several diet sodas a day.   I switched to water and dropped a lot of weight. Something about the chemistry of diet soda just wasn’t cleansing my system the way water does.  

I also gave up drinking soda pops a few years ago.  I mainly drink tap water every day.  A cup of coffee in the morning.  My health has been better and I feel better.  BTW, also lost a few pounds.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Attendance is down again in baseball. It is a big problem. 12 teams are under 20,000 average per game. Last year ended with four under 20,000 average. Weather should pick up some of the teams attendance. Twins have had snow and cold on all of their homestands. Blue Jays are rebuilding and attendance is down from 29,000 to 19,000. Also not great when you have many teams not trying to win. Last year for a June weekday series against Boston,the Orioles drew 16,000 ,22,000 and 17,000. So they started getting lower for Red Sox series during the week even last year. Lucky they have two weekend series after this against the Red Sox.. None left against the Yankees but a few promotions and Weather Day.

We shall see what happens with the two Angel promotions this weekend. Again prices vary by promotion. Friday with no promotion,you can sit in the Lower Box for $40.00 and Upper Reserved for $17.00. Saturday League of the Their Own promotion is $59.00 and $27.00 for those same seats, For the Mother's Day Infinity Bracelet is $48.00 and $20.. for those same seats. The field box for the Friday and Saturday game difference  is $22.00 and $25.00 more for Saturdays game. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

But that's embarrassing even for them.  And this is with the Lightning out of the playoffs.

Whats embarrassing for Florida. The Marlins are only averaging 9.6K a game and even worse than Tampa for sales.

Too many factors, factor into Florida being a poor location to support any MLB franchise.

People like to scare the Oriole fans into thinking the team is going to move.

But, even Kansas City is doing worse than the Orioles are with ticket sales.

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Attendance is down again in baseball. It is a big problem. 12 teams are under 20,000 average per game. Last year ended with four under 20,000 average. Weather should pick up some of the teams attendance. Twins have had snow and cold on all of their homestands. Blue Jays are rebuilding and attendance is down from 29,000 to 19,000. Also not great when you have many teams not trying to win. Last year for a June weekday series against Boston,the Orioles drew 16,000 ,22,000 and 17,000. So they started getting lower for Red Sox series during the week even last year. Lucky they have two weekend series after this against the Red Sox.. None left against the Yankees but a few promotions and Weather Day.

We shall see what happens with the two Angel promotions this weekend. Again prices vary by promotion. Friday with no promotion,you can sit in the Lower Box for $40.00 and Upper Reserved for $17.00. Saturday League of the Their Own promotion is $59.00 and $27.00 for those same seats, For the Mother's Day Infinity Bracelet is $48.00 and $20.. for those same seats. The field box for the Friday and Saturday game difference  is $22.00 and $25.00 more for Saturdays game. 

Attendance is down, because MLB hasn't come to terms with the fact, that Baseball is no longer Sport #1 in America.

Its been on the downhill slide for some time now.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Whats embarrassing for Florida. The Marlins are only averaging 9.6K a game and even worse than Tampa for sales.

Too many factors, factor into Florida being a poor location to support any MLB franchise.

Marlins are the worst team in baseball as a result of trading off all their best players....again.  Tampa is a first place team that is well run.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

And that is paid attendance. it could be even worse. My friend who works for one of the teams said no way the Yankees had 37,423 for the Monday game against the Mariners.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Marlins are the worst team in baseball as a result of trading off all their best players....again.  Tampa is a first place team that is well run.

Marlins are the minor league team for the yankees.

They had multiple sub-par years. Not sure, I would call them well run, but, they do win games without having to pay anybody, so I will give them that.

As for first place, that could just be a SSS. They wasn't first place last year, or for several years.

They havent had a first place finish since 2010.