Attendance 2019

Frobby

• 2 weeks later...

o

2-Game Set vs. PADRES ))))))) (June 25th and 26th)

21,644 )l) (47% Full)

13,408 )l) (29% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  35,052

2-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 17,526

o

o

3-Game Set vs. INDIANS ))))))) (June 28th, 29th, and 30th)

21,248 )l) (46% Full)

26,998 )l) (59% Full)

20,048 )l) (44% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  68,294

3-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 22,765

o

Still 28th in the majors in attendance but getting closer to Pirates,Royals and Tigers. Next homestand  has Hawaiian Shirt and Brooks Robinson Bobblehead. and Hot Dog Race T-shirt. Play Washington and then  Red Sox on the weekend. Might catch one or two teams. Hawaiian Shirt is an elite game so you pay more for a supposed free giveaway. The other games against Tampa are $60.00 for some  Field Box but $102.00 for the giveaway.  Some Terrace Box are $40.00 but for giveaway are $73.00. Some Upper Box are $27.00 but for giveaway are $42.00. Bleachers are $20.00 but for giveaway $35.00. Standing Room and Upper Reserved stay at $15.00. 

So not really a freebie in the sense in almost ever section you pay more then the other weekend games against the Rays.

Promotions

• Thanks 1

The O’s drew 189,275 fans in home games 31-40, their best ten game stretch of the year so far.    That brought the 40-game total to 659,618.   That compares to 811,109 at the same point last season, which was 51.9% of the season total.    If we follow the same pattern this year, that would peg final attendance at about 1.27 mm.

This next ten game stretch (we’ve actually played 2 of those games already) figures to be pretty strong with mostly weekend games (the last 2 against Cleveland, a 4 gamer vs. Tampa that includes Hawaiian shirt night, and the first two of a series with Boston), and the two weeknight games are against the Nats.   I’ll be pretty surprised if that isn’t our strongest 10 game stretch of 2019.   

• Thanks 1

o

4-Game Set vs. DEVIL RAYS ))))))) (July 12th, 13th (Day), 13th (Night), and 14th)

22,422 )l) (49% Full)

22,596 )l) (49% Full) *

24,810 )l) (54% Full) *

14,082 )l) (31% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  83,910

4-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 20,978

* )) Day-Night Doubleheader

o

I was at the game on Saturday afternoon.  I know the announced attendance was in excess of 22,000, but it sure didn't look like anywhere near half the seats were full.

Perhaps the official attendance included not only those sold after the make-up date of July 13 was announced but also all the tickets sold in advance for the original date of May 5, even though many of those may have been exchanged as rain checks for tickets to other games.

o

2-Game Set vs. NATIONALS ))))))) (July 16th and 17th)

l23,362 )l) (51% Full)

l20,786 )l) (45% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  44,148

2-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 22,074

o

o

3-Game Set vs. RED SOX ))))))) (July 19th, 20th, and 21st)

ll18,243 )l) (40% Full)

ll21,339 )l) (46% Full)

ll18,173 )l) (40% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  57,755

3-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 19,252 

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

3-Game Set vs. RED SOX ))))))) (July 19th, 20th, and 21st)

ll18,243 )l) (40% Full)

ll21,339 )l) (46% Full)

ll18,173 )l) (40% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  57,755

3-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 19,252 

o

I can’t believe so many people went to the game today,  don’t see how it could have anyway have been enjoyable, I was in the city today and my car registered 102 degrees downtown.

13 minutes ago, atomic said:

I can’t believe so many people went to the game today,  don’t see how it could have anyway have been enjoyable, I was in the city today and my car registered 102 degrees downtown.

Those are paid attendance figures.   Didn’t look like 18,000 people were there today.   

For home games 41-50, attendance was 214,686, bringing home attendance through 50 games to 874,304.     As I expected, that was our best 10-game attendance stretch of the season, and I doubt we will surpass that in the remaining games.   

Just thought I would mention this. I received an Orioles email a couple of days ago. Questions about being a Birdland member. 

Couple of questions I thought were interesting were about game times. 

They asked separately for each month of April, May and September game times for Saturday games and your preference of 1, 4 or 7pm. 

They also asked for game time preference for Mon-Th games for those months and I think the times were 6,630 or 7. 

I know others on here have Birdland plans and they may remember more.