Wright DFA, Ynoa is up

eddie83

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Anyone claim Wright?  

I believe with a DFA there is a period of up to ten days where the team is allowed to try to trade the player, and THEN he goes through waivers.

Not that I think there is ANY chance we could get a bag of balls for him.

47 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I believe with a DFA there is a period of up to ten days where the team is allowed to try to trade the player, and THEN he goes through waivers.

Not that I think there is ANY chance we could get a bag of balls for him.

I think you're right.  I doubt anyone trades for him and I doubt anyone claims him off waivers.  

Can only hope though.

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think you're right.  I doubt anyone trades for him and I doubt anyone claims him off waivers.  

Can only hope though.

He’s going to clear waivers and be outrighted to AAA. Hopefully, he could at least be a veteran presence to the younger guys down there. Who knows?  Maybe without his “good” ST stats, they could convince him to try the analytics out. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He’s going to clear waivers and be outrighted to AAA. Hopefully, he could at least be a veteran presence to the younger guys down there.

What “younger guys down there?”   The average age of Norfolk’s players is 25.7.    

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

What “younger guys down there?”   The average age of Norfolk’s players is 25.7.    

Well true, and Wright was known as kind of a hot head. He must have something going for him other than Brady, he stuck around 3 years longer than Tyler Wilson. They were both in the same situation in 2016. 

The call up of Ynoa does not show a lot of foresight on the part of Orioles management.

24 hour earlier they could have DFA'd Wright and called up Yefry Ramirez who is pitching well at AAA (0.00 ERA).  Ramirez also would have increased the flexibility of the the pitching staff because he has options remaining.  But they allowed him to take his turn at AAA on Saturday which means a could not help the O's if called up for 5 days.  

Instead they call up Ynoa who has not been pitching well (4.76 ERA).  And he is out for options.  

The addition of Ynoa appears to be a last minute decision out for necessity.  Now the O's are stuck with finding out how much Ynoa can help them because they could lose him if they tried to send him down.  

This doesn't appear to be a well thought out move.

58 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Well true, and Wright was known as kind of a hot head. He must have something going for him other than Brady, he stuck around 3 years longer than Tyler Wilson. They were both in the same situation in 2016. 

Doesnt sound like Hyde is just being nice here:

“It’s been a tough morning,” Hyde said. “We needed innings and we needed a fresh arm in here, and that was the decision we came up with. But it was hard to give Mike the news this morning. We’re hoping that he clears, we’re hoping that he stays in the organization. I just want what’s best for him. If he gets another opportunity with a big league club, that would be great. If not, I’d love to, hopefully, see him back here at some point.”

3 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

You sound like atomic.

You make assumptions about things you don’t understand and for whatever reason, type them out for an audience.

If you can't prove me wrong you are just yappy in the wind.   The facts are plain to see.  Ramirez was available to pitch for the O's on Saturday. All they had to do was call him up.   But they waited until Sunday to DFA Wright.  Then they needed an arm as Hyde stated and called up Ynoa who has not been as effective at AAA.

What changed about Wright in 24 hours?

Give me a reason why that is wrong.  

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Give me a reason why that is wrong.  

Here’s a simple one: Yefry is a starter. Mike Wright is not. The pitcher called up was a reliever replacing a reliever.

On top of that, Ynoa is a reliever that the Orioles can outright at any time, burn zero options, and not affect the development paths of anyone in the minors. 

Hows that? I can make up narratives too. I’m not going to armchair GM to second guess that “the Orioles screwed up because they started Ramirez on Saturday”. How full of yourself are you?

Archived