Brady Anderson no longer listed on O's website

interloper

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, howboutthoseos said:

How hard is it for even one of the beat writers to do actual journalism?  More often they are just acting as stenographers for whatever the approved conventional wisdom happens to be at that moment, and then they sass fans on Twitter for daring to question any aspect of the team's direction.  It's bizarre almost.

You are correct. And if you point that out Rich will block you. He has a cushy job and he knows it, and heaven help those who point out that he’s not really very good at it.

Every single time Buck whipped out the ,”if not him, who” line, I prayed for the follow up of, “that’s what the offseason is for. Why didn’t you prepare for this?” But no...

3 hours ago, 24fps said:

I suppose nobody can know anything about the future with certainty, but educated guesses are time-honored and necessary in every aspect of life.  So do you think having black-ops Brady running amok is a good fit for Elias' "process?"  Or is that unknowable too?

You are correct.

Occam’s Razor.

It’s POSSIBLE that Brady is gone because he’s taking over a GM job somewhere where his genius is acknowledged and valued...buuuuuut it’s not likely.

Most likely is they dumped him because he offers nothing that they want....I’ll go with that.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m just glad this topic will finally be closed.    And by the way, there were several people arguing that Brady staying was a sign that Elias wasn’t in full control.    So much for that argument.   

Not so fast. Apparently, Roch said in the comments section of his blog he's still with the organization. I've yet to be able to actually find this Roch comment as Disqus is terrible, but that's what folks are saying in the comments of the most recent post. 

If so, a pretty shameful showing from Roch. Stop hiding in the comments of your blog and put something up on your actual blog. 

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

Not so fast. Apparently, Roch said in the comments section of his blog he's still with the organization. I've yet to be able to actually find this Roch comment as Disqus is terrible, but that's what folks are saying in the comments of the most recent post. 

If so, a pretty shameful showing from Roch. Stop hiding in the comments of your blog and put something up on your actual blog. 

Roch is the mouthpiece for the organization.  I've stopped coming to expect that he'd do anything hard hitting.  I appreciate him for what he is, some fluff, a few jokes and stuff that gets posted on the OH which allows us to debate.  That's all it really is.  

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Roch is the mouthpiece for the organization.  I've stopped coming to expect that he'd do anything hard hitting.  I appreciate him for what he is, some fluff, a few jokes and stuff that gets posted on the OH which allows us to debate.  That's all it really is.  

Looks like his quote was "I'm told he's still in the organization. Focus on conditioning/nutrition, like Elias said in spring training. But I do see that his name isn't listed on website"

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Riveting.

Maybe it's just me (probably), but I still think it's weird that all offseason Brady was this big storyline that even Roch would talk about and ask Elias about. And he reported on Graham and Rajsich. And now that a VP of the front office has disappeared, it's like, "oh yeah he's not on the website, huh. I think he's doing nutrition?" 

What?

Follow up on the offseason news story man! I think it's weird. 

Just now, interloper said:

Maybe it's just me (probably), but I still think it's weird that all offseason Brady was this big storyline that even Roch would talk about and ask Elias about. And he reported on Graham and Rajsich. And now that a VP of the front office has disappeared, it's like, "oh yeah he's not on the website, huh. I think he's doing nutrition?" 

What?

Follow up on the offseason news story man! I think it's weird. 

He isn't a reporter, he works for the team.

If Brady got demoted that isn't a story he wants to highlight.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

He isn't a reporter, he works for the team.

If Brady got demoted that isn't a story he wants to highlight.

Ok, well replace Roch with Dan Connolly or Jon Meoli. Good reporters just sleeping on this story. The O's have nixed a VP and that VP is now apparently doing strength/conditioning, and he also happens to be a former player. I feel like that's at least enough to get somebody some clicks, no? And yet. 

Archived