Brady Anderson no longer listed on O's website

interloper

10 hours ago, Philip said:

Why would any organization in MLB consider Brady competent for a GM spot?

why is he not competent?

You the fan, has decided that he isn't? with no true knowledge of whether he is or isn't?

I would be comfortable as Assistant GM or something along that lines. IMO

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

why is he not competent?

You the fan, has decided that he isn't? with no true knowledge of whether he is or isn't?

...regardless of what we think he has (or hasn't) been involved in the man has no relevant qualifications on his resume to be a GM. None. 

21 minutes ago, Philip said:

I have been annoyed with the company beats for years for exactly that reason. They can’t ask difficult questions and when it’s pointed out to them they get angry.  They aren’t serious journalists.

I've just chalked it up to the Sun putting their B-team on the Orioles beat since they know Angelos would essential lock them out. It is amazing though that someone who isn't a bit ambitious hasn't tried to push the envelope a bit. They have an opportunity after every game to ask the manager that question. Is he the right audience? Probably not, but if they ask it enough times it would probably force the team's hand in terms of issuing some sort of statement. 

5 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

...regardless of what we think he has (or hasn't) been involved in the man has no relevant qualifications on his resume to be a GM. None. 

No team is hiring Brady to be the assistant GM or GM.

And if a team did hire Brady to run the show, I would be questioning the sanity of ownership if I was a fan of that team. 

20 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

No team is hiring Brady to be the assistant GM or GM.

And if a team did hire Brady to run the show, I would be questioning the sanity of ownership if I was a fan of that team. 

You mean like that GM Rueben or other, that was in charge of the Phillies, a while back that was clueless about easy rules in the game of baseball.

This team hired Flanny, and I know the NFL hired Matt Millon to be GM for a few years.

All GMs have to get a start regardless of where they are hired from. There is no GM university that produces these guys.

Apparently the Orioles were never very good at updating it.  Wayback Machine snapshot from 4/22 still shows a bunch of old names, like Gary Rajisich as Scouting Director and Brian Graham as Director of Player Development.  That is a long time after they were replaced or released (both in November):

https://web.archive.org/web/20190422094039/https://www.mlb.com/orioles/team/front-office

Still, I agree that Brady disappearing from the front office page is a strong statement about his clout in the organization (if he is in fact still a part of it at all).

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

why is he not competent?

Brady is a baseball guy. Regardless of whether you think his baseball decisions are good or not, he’s knowledgeable about baseball. But being a GM requires enormous skill in other areas, and Brady hasn’t demonstrated that he has any of that skill. As much as I disliked Dan, I give him credit for having the skills of a high-level businessman. 

If you would be happy with Brady as GM, that is your call. I question whether it is anyone else’s, however.

52 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

You mean like that GM Rueben or other, that was in charge of the Phillies, a while back that was clueless about easy rules in the game of baseball.

This team hired Flanny, and I know the NFL hired Matt Millon to be GM for a few years.

All GMs have to get a start regardless of where they are hired from. There is no GM university that produces these guys.

And what does that say about Brady, when the Angelos brothers decided to go outside the organization and pluck someone with experience in rebuilding a franchise from the ashes. 

Brady seems like a decent guy and in a defined role would be an asset. But, I don’t see how you can effectively rebuild the Orioles with black ops Brady running amok. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

And what does that say about Brady, when the Angelos brothers decided to go outside the organization and pluck someone with experience in rebuilding a franchise from the ashes. 

Brady seems like a decent guy and in a defined role would be an asset. But, I don’t see how you can effectively rebuild the Orioles with black ops Brady running amok. 

You dont know if that is true or not true.

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It says they wanted a "qualified" candidate and didn't want to entrust such a daunting task to someone with little or no relevant experience. We can speculate all day about what he did and didn't do, but at the end of the day you can't argue with the fact that Brady's resume doesn't hold a candle to 99% of the other GM candidates. As for Flanagan, even he was more qualified (college degree, previously served as pitching coach, etc.) and the Orioles eventually brought in MacPhail to balance out his inexperience. You can defend Brady until your blue in the face, but bringing in Elias and marginalizing and/or getting rid of Brady was the RIGHT call for the franchise.  

20 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It says they wanted a "qualified" candidate and didn't want to entrust such a daunting task to someone with little or no relevant experience. We can speculate all day about what he did and didn't do, but at the end of the day you can't argue with the fact that Brady's resume doesn't hold a candle to 99% of the other GM candidates. As for Flanagan, even he was more qualified (college degree, previously served as pitching coach, etc.) and the Orioles eventually brought in MacPhail to balance out his inexperience. You can defend Brady until your blue in the face, but bringing in Elias and marginalizing and/or getting rid of Brady was the RIGHT call for the franchise.  

Flanagan was hired with Jim Beattie.He was not flying solo and Beattie has GM experience. 

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

No one knows how good or bad Brady would be.  He has no real track record in scouting, player evaluation, etc.  He has very limited experience overall.  A guy like Elias has no track record as a GM. However, he has years of experience in other areas.  I'd certainly rather have a guy like Elias than totally rolling the dice on someone like Brady.

If people think Brady is qualified to be GM then I don't have a problem him being a GM.  My issue is he wasn't the GM but he was going over the Manager, Coaches and GM.   That would lead to problems no matter who it is. 

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

You dont know if that is true or not true.

I suppose nobody can know anything about the future with certainty, but educated guesses are time-honored and necessary in every aspect of life.  So do you think having black-ops Brady running amok is a good fit for Elias' "process?"  Or is that unknowable too?

Archived