Brady Anderson no longer listed on O's website

interloper

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, weams said:

Someone has said that his contract ran through April unlike Buck, Dan, and Brian Graham. Each were let go at the end of their last contracts. 

If this is true, it might be fair to assume that they just did not resign him. If so, they probably just let him gracefully leave instead of firing him.

4 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

His contract was up Q1 of this year, so if this is indeed something to this, it would indicate a soft exit by Elias and Anderson.

That said, why aren’t any of the Angelos gang listed on the org site? By my recollection they were until recently.

John & Louis Angelos are now listed among the owners/partners in what appears to be a newly formed entity called Baltimore Orioles Limited Partnership Group.  If this entity existed previously, I must not have been aware of it, but I know for sure that John & Louis were not listed among the owners/partners in the past.  John was always listed as a VP and Louis was an ownership representative.  

This new info can all be found on Orioles.com under Baltimore Orioles Front Office.

34 minutes ago, Obando said:

John & Louis Angelos are now listed among the owners/partners in what appears to be a newly formed entity called Baltimore Orioles Limited Partnership Group.  If this entity existed previously, I must not have been aware of it, but I know for sure that John & Louis were not listed among the owners/partners in the past.  John was always listed as a VP and Louis was an ownership representative.  

This new info can all be found on Orioles.com under Baltimore Orioles Front Office.

Don’t know about the “Group” part, but the Baltimore Orioles Limited Partnership has existed the whole time Angelos has been the majority owner.     The limited partners are people like Pam Schriver, and formerly Tom Clancy and Jim McKay.    And there are others.   

12 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know, if all they said was "keep him around but he doesn't have to have any specific duties" would that be a deal breaker for a guy looking for his first GM job?

Why would any organization in MLB consider Brady competent for a GM spot?

8 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or the National writers.

9 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Much of the offseason, there were repeated questions put to Elias about Brady's status.  Now,  we find out only coincidentally by checking the website and speculation abounds.  Where are our "diligent" beat reporters on this story?   ?

They are employees of the organization. It’s possible 1) they haven’t been “officially informed” or 2) they’ve been informed and told to ignore it.

the National guys probably couldn’t care less. It’s not newsworthy outside the Bmore community.

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Don’t know about the “Group” part, but the Baltimore Orioles Limited Partnership has existed the whole time Angelos has been the majority owner.     The limited partners are people like Pam Schriver, and formerly Tom Clancy and Jim McKay.    And there are others.   

Barry Levinson also has a small percentage in Oriole ownership. 

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

They are employees of the organization. It’s possible 1) they haven’t been “officially informed” or 2) they’ve been informed and told to ignore it.

the National guys probably couldn’t care less. It’s not newsworthy outside the Bmore community.

Spoke to one of the beat writers and they really did not care and seem to did not know who the COO of the Orioles was I guess that explains why the national  writers usually scoop the Oriole writers on major news  I guess they are their to write down what the GM and manager says and talk to the players.

20 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Spoke to one of the beat writers and they really did not care and seem to did not know who the COO of the Orioles was I guess that explains why the national  writers usually scoop the Oriole writers on major news  I guess they are their to write down what the GM and manager says and talk to the players.

A guy who is well respected in NBA circles who comes in at a top position for an MLB team leaves not only a year into things should be newsworthy at all levels.  

At first glance, it looks like an amicable split, quite unlike the split between the Redskins and Brian LaFemina right after Christmas who was in the same boat- well respected, on the job for less than a year.  

8 hours ago, Philip said:

While that may be the case, either possibility  is unsatisfactory because  1)they aren't intellectually curious enough to ask the question? or 2) the organization owes at least a brief statement due to all the times this subject was asked during the offseason.     As for the national guys, Rosenthal didn't mind discussing it when Elias was hired.  Maybe if the news is otherwise slow, he'll once again fall back to his old chestnut and write an article about Orioles dysfunction.  ?

46 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

While that may be the case, either possibility  is unsatisfactory because  1)they aren't intellectually curious enough to ask the question? or 2) the organization owes at least a brief statement due to all the times this subject was asked during the offseason.     As for the national guys, Rosenthal didn't mind discussing it when Elias was hired.  Maybe if the news is otherwise slow, he'll once again fall back to his old chestnut and write an article about Orioles dysfunction.  ?

Leave Rosenthal alone! 

This thread should be titled "Glimmer of Hope". It truly is amazing that in this day and age no can confirm whether or not he's still with the team. I know there's a strained relationship between the Orioles and the media (largely due to the Peter Angelos years), but they all have an opportunity to ask questions after games. How has no one picked up on this tidbit? 

1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

I have been annoyed with the company beats for years for exactly that reason. They can’t ask difficult questions and when it’s pointed out to them they get angry.  They aren’t serious journalists.

Archived