Can we see Stewart, Cisco, Mountcastle instead of Martin, Severino, and Rickard?

DocJJ

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I honestly don’t think this is part of his thinking at all.

Agree to disagree then. You can't argue though with the fact that that the Houston model involved a complete tear down and the team becoming so bad that they were able to secure high draft picks. That was a part of the strategy. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

You don’t think getting another top 3 pick is part of his plan or do you think that service time has nothing to do with that ?

I think getting a high pick is part of his plan but using service time to achieve that isn’t. 

I don’t think he is intentionally keeping guys in the minors who he thinks are ready for the majors and  are better than the players on the major league team, so that the team will be worse and he can secure the no. 1 pick.     

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Agree to disagree then. You can't argue though with the fact that that the Houston model involved a complete tear down and the team becoming so bad that they were able to secure high draft picks. That was a part of the strategy. 

Part of the strategy or a byproduct of cutting payroll to the bone and trading every current asset for future assets?

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You guys do realize that the only thing they're playing for is another #1 pick this season right? The only time you're going to see these players called up is in September after the Orioles have the worst record in baseball all but locked up. #reality 

I don't know. Those Marlins are tough!

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

The key with words derived from German is that the I/E thing is always reversed from how it sounds to Americans. 

If it has the "ee" sound like "wee-ters" then the I comes first.  Wieters.

If it has an "I" sound the E comes first.  Leinenkugel Beer (first syllable pronounced like "line").

Once you learn that rule spelling words derived from German gets easier.

So "Wieters" is like "bier." Thanks.

They didn't teach us that in Latin class. And my last name is German, but no i's or e's in it.

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not necessarily.   Last year they had some kind of giveaway day scheduled but then traded the player before the giveaway happened.    I forget the player and the item but I remember it happened.  

Wasn't that the Gausman Game of Thrones bobblehead?

6 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I don't know. Those Marlins are tough!

The only think I'm envious of about the Marlins is that they have MUCH better pitching in their pipeline then we do. If our bats pan out over the next few years and we get better I think we're going to have to buy some pitching because the minor cupboard is pretty bare. 

11 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

So "Wieters" is like "bier." Thanks.

They didn't teach us that in Latin class. And my last name is German, but no i's or e's in it.

There ya go! Ein, zwie, drei bier. And always like this:

Counting.jpg

Archived