The Silver Lining Report: Game 50/162 (O's lose 6-5)

interloper

50 games, wow. Is it June 3rd yet?

• Another rally falls just short: Sometimes this squad just gets blown out, but sometimes they have a little fight in them. We've forced the Yankees to use their good bullpen pieces probably more than they'd prefer, so that's something.

• Renato Nunez: Starting to looks like he's coming around as he's now homered in back to back games and in 3 of his last 4. This was a big ol' Weaver to tie the game up. You didn't give up on Nunez already did you? 

• Richie Martin: Stung a few balls right at people, and drove in a run on a groundout. He's been hanging in there recently against good pitching and I feel something could pop soon for him at the plate. We'll see. Started 2 double plays. I like Richie. 

• Dwight Smith Jr.: A triple is always noteworthy. 

• Dylan Bundy: I'll take this kind of outing from Dylan, especially when you take it in the context of his last few starts. He's throwing the fastball much less (thanks Sig!) and having some success. A 4.67 ERA isn't great but it's getting there. We'll take "useful" at this point with the SP. 

• Trey Mancini: A little RBI single up the middle. Nice.

• Stevie Wilkerson: Another good catch at the wall in CF for the utility IF. He won't have too many more with Broxton on the roster now. A round of applause for the guy for stepping in and, weirdly, doing a good job in CF. 

During much of the 14 years in the desert, what made the daily grind of being an O's fan bearable was Paul Folkemer's laconic--though increasingly desperate--game wrap-ups. I missed it when he moved on.

But it feels like that heroic series has now morphed into your Silver Lining Reports, with the chief difference being how his zany narratives (alien kidnappings, etc.) have transformed into your sunny one-liner bullet points. Thank you so much--we need them.

48 minutes ago, LA2 said:

During much of the 14 years in the desert, what made the daily grind of being an O's fan bearable was Paul Folkemer's laconic--though increasingly desperate--game wrap-ups. I missed it when he moved on.

But it feels like Paul's heroic series has now morphed into your Silver Lining Reports, with the chief difference being how his zany narratives (alien kidnappings, etc.) have transformed into your sunny one-liner bullet points. Thank you so much--we need them.

Hey, thanks I really appreciate that! I loved Paul's wrap-ups.

2 hours ago, OsEatAlEast said:

O's need more plastic rings! ?

More Great News: Common Plastics Are Killing Your Sperm

Bisphenol A, or BPA, as its close friends call it, is a chemical used to create plastics. It's included in a ton of great stuff—water bottles, tooth fillings, sports equipment—because it's cheap and shatterproof. It also kills sperm.

A new report by Kaiser Permanente only scares us shitless about BPA even more, saying that elevated exposure to the stuff makes men two to four times more likely to have less, worse sperm. And some of the sperm you do have will be dead. All of these things are not qualities you want your sperm to possess, if you are planning on populating the earth anytime soon (or ever). And, just in case you thought you were safe because you're not rolling around on the floor rubbing plastics across your face—everyone involved in the study was within the exposure levels the EPA has deemed safe. Thanks, EPA!

6 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

The silver lining when Nunez hits a HR is it keeps him from being a potential out as a base runner.

Don't tempt him to figure out a way: you still have to jog around the bases before hitting the ball over the fence counts.

Archived