DSJ to 7 Day IL; Santander Up

Darkhawk

Just now, Matt Bennett said:

Surprised it’s not Rickard. Rickard and Wilkerson would seem to make a nice platoon. Santander has decent but uninspiring AAA numbers and it seems like you would want a temporary call up like this to go to a non-prospect. 

Maybe Elias wants to gauge what he has in the system.

Rickard is a known product.

Wilkerson is just depth at AAA, and probably will be heading back down soon.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Maybe Elias wants to gauge what he has in the system.

Rickard is a known product.

Wilkerson is just depth at AAA, and probably will be heading back down soon.

I actually like Wilkerson quite a bit. Ideally he doesn’t play center but he’s versatile. I think his slash like against RHP is .286/.322/.526.

Whoever is called up will only be here for a week so it doesn’t really matter. Just figured the current admin wanted the prospects to really EARN their way onto the roster like Stewart and Sisco. This situation is more like...well Santander is hitting good enough..and we need an outfielder so. FYI Rickard is smashing the ball at Norfolk too. Of course we know what Rickard is, but he is playable, especially on a team like this. 

1 minute ago, TINSTAAPP said:

It's crazy how the Orioles have compiled such a bad record despite having pretty good fortune with their health. Before yesterday, they've had only four guys go on the DL this entire season. 

Yeah, it's because we suck.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

I actually like Wilkerson quite a bit. Ideally he doesn’t play center but he’s versatile. I think his slash like against RHP is .286/.322/.526.

Whoever is called up will only be here for a week so it doesn’t really matter. Just figured the current admin wanted the prospects to really EARN their way onto the roster like Stewart and Sisco. This situation is more like...well Santander is hitting good enough..and we need an outfielder so. FYI Rickard is smashing the ball at Norfolk too. Of course we know what Rickard is, but he is playable, especially on a team like this. 

Most of these guys are all fringe AAAA players for now. At some point Elias should be able to rotate in some better prospects.

1 hour ago, Matt Bennett said:

Surprised it’s not Rickard. Rickard and Wilkerson would seem to make a nice platoon. Santander has decent but uninspiring AAA numbers and it seems like you would want a temporary call up like this to go to a non-prospect. 

Why does it have to be Rickard?

8 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Personally I would of preferred with his versatility able to play both infield and outfield that they called up Jace Peterson. 

Not on the 40 man so that would have required DFA'ing someone off the 40.

• Upvote 1