Adam Dunn

Sports Guy

I said this in another thread the other day - make a big push for Dunn very early in free agency, and if he bites - good, and if he doesn't - go elsewhere. On the 1st day of free agency offer him 5/65. Don't wait around for Teix to end up raising Dunn's value - by getting 8/170.

5 years for a guy who's hitting close to .220 this season.?..ugh!!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 years for a guy who's hitting close to .220 this season.?..ugh!!!

He's actually hitting .240.

You do realize that he is on his way to 5 straight 40 HR seasons, right?

His current .939 OPS would lead our team right now.

Dunn doesn't hit for a good average, but he gets on base and hits for power.

I think many people agree Tex is a special player. If we don't get him, I would say it's not a first baseman we need. Put Huff at 1b, Scott as DH and Reimold in LF. Maybe Montanez could be the 4th OFer.

The FA money could be applied to a 3b, or two decent starting pitchers. We've seen the names on possible pitchers, anyone with any ideas on a potential FA 3B?

Keep Huff DH. He likes DH role better than playing 1st base.

Dunn does lose about 30 points of ISO on the road, and he is a young player with old player skills. I wouldn't want to be the team that pays to find out whether he can buck the odds and be like the first guy ever with that skillset to play into his mid-30s

Dunn does lose about 30 points of ISO on the road, and he is a young player with old player skills. I wouldn't want to be the team that pays to find out whether he can buck the odds and be like the first guy ever with that skillset to play into his mid-30s

Isn't Pat Burrell pretty much a 31/32 year old clone of Dunn - having an outstanding year?

Isn't Pat Burrell pretty much a 31/32 year old clone of Dunn - having an outstanding year?

And he bats right handed to boot, something this lineup needs to balance out all the LH power. He'd be a perfect cleanup hitter if we can't get Tex.

Again, Burrell rejected the idea of coming to Baltimore a few years ago...No reason to think he wants to come here now.

We were a team with no future and clubhouse problems. Now with Wieters and Jones and Markakis, we suddenly have a good solid young core to build around and the clubhouse problems are gone.

We were a team with no future and clubhouse problems. Now with Wieters and Jones and Markakis, we suddenly have a good solid young core to build around and the clubhouse problems are gone.

We are still a team 15-20 games away from contention.

We are still in a division where we have a serious uphill climb.

If you blow him away with an offer, he may come here but I would prefer Dunn anyway.

We are still a team 15-20 games away from contention.

We are still in a division where we have a serious uphill climb.

If you blow him away with an offer, he may come here but I would prefer Dunn anyway.

Dunn you will have to give a 5-6 year contract. Burrell might only sign for 3-4 years depending. And unlike Dunn, Burrell is actually somewhat useful in the field.

And he bats right handed to boot, something this lineup needs to balance out all the LH power. He'd be a perfect cleanup hitter if we can't get Tex.

Go after the younger version. You don't want to be stuck paying him big money in his mid 30's.

We probably need to look at other teams' needs as well as the players available to get a determination of how the market will play out. For example, if there won't be a HIGH demand for OF's, then Burrell may have to lengthen the team list he'll play for... etc.

Dunn you will have to give a 5-6 year contract. Burrell might only sign for 3-4 years depending. And unlike Dunn, Burrell is actually somewhat useful in the field.

Burrell isn't much better than Dunn defensively...He is better but the difference is very minimal.

Burrell and Dunn will probably sign for similar contracts and Dunn is the better OPS/HR guy.

Archived