Recent roster move/IL rundown (try to keep up)

interloper

It's getting wild and crazy recently, so much so that I had to double check the 25 man just to be sure I remembered who the heck is on this team.

• Ortiz optioned
  • Hess optioned
  • Lucas IL (shoulder, should be back in 10)
  • Rogers added, will start in Hess's place
  • Yacabonis added
  • DSJ to get a couple rehab games and come back
  • No word on Stewart, but he'll probably get a couple rehab games
  • Trumbo assumed done for the year unless we hear otherwise
  • Wilkerson and Santander still here filling in for DSJ and Stewart
  • Cashner back after missing one start due to blister, will start tonight
  • Straily still on the team, somehow
  • Upvote 4

Man this is bad. Having to call up Ortiz and Rogers is just painful. I’m not sure if that is more painful than having nobody worthy to replace Hess and Straily. Still can’t wrap my head around giving away Yefry. 

Tanner Scott has been pitching very well at Norfolk. 

3 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

Man this is bad. Having to call up Ortiz and Rogers is just painful. I’m not sure if that is more painful than having nobody worthy to replace Hess and Straily. Still can’t wrap my head around giving away Yefry. 

That does seem pretty crazy right now.

58 minutes ago, interloper said:

It's getting wild and crazy recently, so much so that I had to double check the 25 man just to be sure I remembered who the heck is on this team.

• Ortiz optioned
  • Hess optioned
  • Yacabonis added

I would “like” this if I were able, the title made me laugh, thanks. 

It would not surprise me if it needs updating within the next hour or so, ha ha

43 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

I would not mind giving Scott another try, But at this time I would prefer calling up someone who hasn’t yet had a chance. I’m not sure who that would be, however. I think yesterday somebody mentioned Gilmartin.

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

I would not mind giving Scott another try, But at this time I would prefer calling up someone who hasn’t yet had a chance. I’m not sure who that would be, however. I think yesterday somebody mentioned Gilmartin.

I think of Gilmartin has the pitching version of Jace Peterson.  Which both might be able to fill some roles on the current roster.  However, I'd prefer to see if there is a difference in Tanner Scott.  Why not take a look at him?  

40 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think of Gilmartin has the pitching version of Jace Peterson.  Which both might be able to fill some roles on the current roster.  However, I'd prefer to see if there is a difference in Tanner Scott.  Why not take a look at him?  

Well, Scott has been up Multiple times, and he has always given reason to send him back down, I would just assume try somebody else and see what he has.

28 minutes ago, Philip said:

Well, Scott has been up Multiple times, and he has always given reason to send him back down, I would just assume try somebody else and see what he has.

Gilmartin is literally the only pitcher we haven't tried this year in AAA.  He's not on the 40 man so that means kicking someone off.  He's likely earned it, but I'd still give Scott a look first.  With the hopes that Scott finally finds success up here and sticks.  

2 hours ago, interloper said:

• Ortiz optioned
  • Hess optioned
  • Yacabonis added

Thanks for this. God's honest truth that unless you catch the pregame show it's hard to keep up. I was in Tampa last week and felt like every night I was seeing a new player on the team and I didn't know who the move was for.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Gilmartin is literally the only pitcher we haven't tried this year in AAA.  He's not on the 40 man so that means kicking someone off.  He's likely earned it, but I'd still give Scott a look first.  With the hopes that Scott finally finds success up here and sticks.  

I think Scott will be given a look soon, especially if he keeps pitching well.

Right now we are at 24, correct?

Friday:   Ortiz came up, Phillips came down.   Lucas went on IR, Rogers came up.

Saturday:  Ortiz went down, Yacobonis came up.

Last night.   Hess went down, ________________________.

So we should have someone joining the team in Oakland.   It's just after noon out there, probably as soon as Hyde & company show up at the clubhouse Roch will have something.   A new locker, a new face seen wandering around.

I hate the inflexibility of having 13 pitchers and 12 position players.   Basically it's a backup C and a 2 man bench.   I really hope we got to 12p/13pp instead.

4 hours ago, Matt Bennett said:

You’re seriously in a twist over losing Yefry Ramirez? 

Vaya con Dios.

• Upvote 1