Montanez not playing is a joke

mikezpen

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It should not be acceptable to anyone that in a season where you are not contending... are 13.5 games out... in early August... that you have Millar and Payton getting regular at-bats... when they are not signed for next year, and will not be back...

That you have Hernandez catching, when he will not be our starting catcher next year...

That you have Castro, who has a sub 600 OPS in 2300 Major League at-bats on the roster at all...

That you have a 3 man bench, which tires out the regulars...

That Reimold is sitting in the minors, after avg an XBH every 8.3 at-bats over 600+ ab's in AA.... when he could be starting for you in 2009...

That you are not taking the opportunity to improve your talent, and get regular looks at Penn, Liz, Bergesen, Hernandez and Riley... when you have pitchers like Waters, Cormier, Cabrera, Castillo, and Cherry on the roster.

You could not move Hernandez at the deadline, when you were willing to eat huge amounts of his contract... nobody is going to take him as a waiver claim now and eat all of the contract...

Wieters has a higher OPS at Bowie now, then he did at Frederick...

Move Walker, and Payton through trades or release immediately.... move Millar, and Hernandez to the bench immediately...

Move Scott to the DH and protect his heal immediately...

Move Huff to 1st immediately...

Promote Reimold immediately...

Montanez may never even be a 4th OF... but that is to be determined... you know Payton won't even be an Oriole next year... there is no reason to start Payton over Montanez...

Just curious. Let's say you are manager. You have Guthrie, Olson, Penn in the near future all starting. Johnson, Bierd, Sarfate in the pen. What kind of a team do you put behind them for the rest of the season to build their confidence and helps them develop in the big leagues?

Kevin Millar really has a chance to be a Type A free agent. And Payton really has a chance to be a Type B free agent. I don't see what the problem is.

Payton has no chance to be a type B FA.

Millar has a chance to be a type B, but we only get the pick if we offer him arbitration, which he will possibly accept.

I haven't heard/seen that at all. The only thing this year is when someone asked him how it was going and he replied with something like "nothing a trade won't fix." Some people flipped out about that, I just took it as an offhand joking comment.

Maybe there is something behind the scenes going on that we don't know about, but he's said everything the right way publicly.

I remember hearing that Jay Payton is being a good mentor to Adam Jones...

I remember hearing that Jay Payton is being a good mentor to Adam Jones...

'Twas what I heard also...helped him from the moment he came over with playing the outfield. Heaven forbid the guy makes a couple of comments LAST SEASON about wanting to play more.

This thread is especially humorous now seeing as how the veteran presence Kevin Millar has hit two homeruns on the night and we're winning 6-1.

Don't worry. The "we should be losing on purpose to get better draft position" posts will be along soon.

Don't worry. The "we should be losing on purpose to get better draft position" posts will be along soon.

For real. I mean get that people want to see the younger players playing, especially in a losing season. But Millar, Payton, Mora, etc are on the team and whether or not they are in the future plans or will be here next year makes no difference. The FO isn't going to pay them to sit on the bench...especially when no one is really knocking on the door.

Hit me

Going going gone

Now I dialed 911 a long time ago

Don't you see how late they're reactin'

They only come and they come when they wanna

So get the morgue embalm the goner

They don't care 'cause they stay paid anyway

They teach ya like an ace they can't be betrayed

I know you stumble with no use people

If your life is on the line they you're dead today

Late comings with the late comin' stretcher

That's a body bag in disguise y'all betcha

I call 'em body snatchers quick they come to fetch ya?

With an autopsy ambulance just to dissect ya

They are the kings 'cause they swing amputation

Lose your arms, your legs to them it's compilation

I can prove it to you watch the rotation

It all adds up to a funky situation

So get up get, get get down

911 is a joke in yo town

Get up, get, get, get down

Late 911 wears the late crown

911 is a joke

Everyday they don't never come correct

You can ask my man right here with the broken neck

He's a witness to the job never bein' done

He would've been in full in 8 9-11

Was a joke 'cause they always jokin'

They the token to your life when it's croakin'

They need to be in a pawn shop on a

911 is a joke we don't want 'em

I call a cab 'cause a cab will come quicker

The doctors huddle up and call a flea flicker

The reason that I say that 'cause they

Flick you off like fleas

They be laughin' at ya while you're crawlin' on your knees

And to the strength so go the length

Thinkin' you are first when you really are tenth

You better wake up and smell the real flavor

Cause 911 is a fake life saver

So get up, get, get get down

911 is a joke in yo town

Get up, get, get, get down

Late 911 wears the late crown

Ow, ow 911 is a joke

PUBLIC ENEMY

If Kevin Millar ends up with 23 HR's and 85 RBI's (as he is projected), I think that he would be extremely close to reaching "Type A" status...(Did he really hit another as I'm writing...) and a definite Type B. Jay Payton just missed being Type B and is projected to put up the same HR's and RBI's as last year (he was only the 2nd player behind the final B spot). Those two categories seem to weigh heavily on the final ranking. I think both categories are overrated personally, but I don't make the formula.

Whether the two would accept or decline arbitration I don't know. Just something to keep in mind.

Sports Guy and somebody else(Hank Scorpio?), have both said that they are hearing Payton is a huge problem in the clubhouse. Evidently he's always whining and complaining.

Consider the source.

Every time details surface about Payton's "bad" behavior, it involves a professional athlete wanting more playing time. Forgive me for withholding my outrage.

Great nite for baseball. I was hoping to go out there till I saw Schmuck's lineup.Apparently, they brought up an Eastern League triple crown-level hitter to be used only one of our glorious veteran presences needs a rest, but not to get any real opportunity.I cannot believe that, on a last place team this guy isn't good enough, and instead they stick with a bunch of declining .240 hitters simply because they've put in their time. With Jones gone, that lineup puts me to sleep.

I know I will be criticized for my attitude, but I don't care. No Montanez, no mikezpen.

Tell me how it comes out.

Is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2b2VjnCPhM

:D

Archived