Beat 'Dem Yanks (vs. YANKEES, 8/05)

OFFNY

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If other teams thought he had value he would have been traded for something.

When you trade a guy for nothing it's called releasing them.

They could've traded him for a bag of balls, a 18 year old international guy. Elias obviously didn't get what they wanted to move Villar, Givens, or Mancini. Guess they all suck!

Just now, Roll Tide said:

They could've traded him for a bag of balls, a 18 year old international guy. Elias obviously didn't get what they wanted to move Villar, Givens, or Mancini. Guess they all suck!

That's speculation.

The only word we have is what Roch said, I think the phrase was "very available".

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

A two year deal for a small AAV would be acceptable. They aren’t doing anything for two years until some pitchers are ready. Villar is a decent placeholder.

Plays everywhere, hits a bunch sometimes, puts pressure on pitchers (for good AND bad...) Good placeholder to glue a team of youngsters together.

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

On May 23rd, Masahiro Tanaka's ERA was 2.93.

On July 14th, it was 3.81.

Today (August 5th), it is 4.93.

o

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Another month of that and he'd fit in with the Orioles.

o

Another month of that, and the Yankees could be looking for another starting pitcher for the postseason ........ although, I'm not sure that they have a lot of other options.

o

11 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I can point to several games before the deadline where he had meaningful hits! I know he had the game winning homer in one! Why are you so down on him???

He has no trade value. He’s a careless player. You can’t coach careless, can’t fix it, can’t anticipate it....you can only avoid it.

He’s a player for a bad team. He won’t be tendered because the Os aren’t going to pay him 6-7 mill. Someone will sign him for 2-3, and it might be us, but that’s only because next year we will still be a bad team.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Plays everywhere, hits a bunch sometimes, puts pressure on pitchers (for good AND bad...) Good placeholder to glue a team of youngsters together.

Yes .... And they it appears they've have been working with his swing. He said so in an interview. He might be able to get closer to .270-.280 with a .340-.350 OBP.