Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

Most don't have consistent major league ability.

34 players for the Orioles this year have 0 or negative WAR. 34. 17 have a positive WAR. 3 have a WAR over 2.

The issue isn't effort. Its talent and that's on, well, not Elias. Not yet, at least.

It can be both you know, like Davis the other night.

Just now, weams said:

The medicine being discussed is a PED and the long release he was later supplied is "UnCrushable." They are not prescribed this for interpersonal issues. Only for performance enhancement. It's been long known. At X times the general population levels. 

I'm just not of the belief that Chris Davis went from taking Adderall when he was 28 (and younger) and was putting up a 96 OPS+ *while using it* then took the "uncrushable" medicine and put up a 147 OPS+ and then a 110 OPS+ while he was 29 and 30.

More likely it's not ADHD related.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

So they cut him, still pay him and what body is he really blocking that is knocking down the door and isn't getting rushed?

I think Davis is cut in 2020 sometime. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it happens sooner.

This was the argument early on, and I would have agreed that he was not blocking anyone. You can still make that argument I guess with Stewart back on the IL, but I'd rather have Ruiz in the lineup than Davis, under the admittedly small chance Ruiz could actually develop more and help the team in the future.

If it were me, I'd run this lineup out as often as possible:

1B. Mancini/Nunez
2B: Villar/Alberto
SS: Martin/Alberto
3B: Nunez/Alberto
C - Severino/Sisco
LF: Stewart once he comes back but I would bring up Mason Williams (Replace Peterson with Mason) and give him a look in the meantime
CF: Wilkerson
RF: Santander
DH: Mancini/Nunez/Stewart

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This was the argument early on, and I would have agreed that he was not blocking anyone. You can still make that argument I guess with Stewart back on the IL, but I'd rather have Ruiz in the lineup than Davis, under the admittedly small chance Ruiz could actually develop more and help the team in the future.

If it were me, I'd run this lineup out as often as possible:

1B. Mancini/Nunez
2B: Villar/Alberto
SS: Martin/Alberto
3B: Nunez/Alberto
C - Severino/Sisco
LF: Stewart once he comes back but I would bring up Mason Williams (Replace Peterson with Mason) and give him a look in the meantime
CF: Wilkerson
RF: Santander
DH: Mancini/Nunez/Stewart

Seems like rearranging deckchairs. My guess going into 2019 is that he wasn't blocking anybody, they could try a new coach's approach as well as some metrics for Davis. It clearly isn't getting better. And hopefully this is all evidence that they need to show the Angelos sons in the offseason to cut bait. But as it stands right now, I don't see what they really gain since he's still not blocking anybody, he isn't playing as much and the rest of the talent on the roster isn't exactly lighting it up either.

47 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Seems like rearranging deckchairs. My guess going into 2019 is that he wasn't blocking anybody, they could try a new coach's approach as well as some metrics for Davis. It clearly isn't getting better. And hopefully this is all evidence that they need to show the Angelos sons in the offseason to cut bait. But as it stands right now, I don't see what they really gain since he's still not blocking anybody, he isn't playing as much and the rest of the talent on the roster isn't exactly lighting it up either.

I agree, I can't see an owner flushing all that money down the toilet just to see if there is an off-chance that Rio Ruiz has what it takes to be a major league player. I don't think they release him until he is truly blocking someone like Mountcastle - and I think they'll try Mountcastle in left field before they give up on Davis. 

• Upvote 1