Brian Matusz AND Lew Ford...

tntoriole

1 hour ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

I'm pleading complete obliviousness with this post, but can somebody explain the basis for the Lew Ford jokes that pop up from time to time?  I clearly must have missed the origins.

I could be wrong, but back in 2012, when Lew Ford was a decent right handed bat off the bench, one poster stated that he did not understand why everyone hates Lew Ford because some posters were critical of him (as they are with any players).  Since then, some posters (myself included) have, for fun, extended the Lew Ford hate, years after his playing career was done.

Also, man do I miss 2012.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I could be wrong, but back in 2012, when Lew Ford was a decent right handed bat off the bench, one poster stated that he did not understand why everyone hates Lew Ford because some posters were critical of him (as they are with any players).  Since then, some posters (myself included) have, for fun, extended the Lew Ford hate, years after his playing career was done.

Also, man do I miss 2012.

Yes, that's right, but the joking hate started before he was called up from Norfolk (where I recall he was hitting .400-something at one point). I searched for the original threads but I don't think they're still up.

Going with the former Orioles' theme: I wonder whether Chris Tillman, who last pitched 4 innings for the Rangers' AAA team in August last year, has had any thoughts on trying to return? He's a free agent and apparently hasn't pitched competitively in a year... so, maybe with a fresh arm the 31-year old could make a go of it. I know he was bad at the end there, but he was pretty solid a few years ago.  While the likelihood of him getting that quality form back is remote, one nevers knows. I wish him well, regardless.

12 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Going with the former Orioles' theme: I wonder whether Chris Tillman, who last pitched 4 innings for the Rangers' AAA team in August last year, has had any thoughts on trying to return? He's a free agent and apparently hasn't pitched competitively in a year... so, maybe with a fresh arm the 31-year old could make a go of it. I know he was bad at the end there, but he was pretty solid a few years ago.  While the likelihood of him getting that quality form back is remote, one nevers knows. I wish him well, regardless.

I've actually wondered that myself. He doesn't strike me as a guy who maintains optimal conditioning though. Makes it even less likely unless he really dedicated himself to both fitness and also building the arm back up.

3 hours ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

I'm pleading complete obliviousness with this post, but can somebody explain the basis for the Lew Ford jokes that pop up from time to time?  I clearly must have missed the origins.

Go ask Lew Ford and see what happens. 

• Haha 1