Cost Cutting Measures

weams

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

True, forgot all about that, how could I? LOL

"Before your time" and of course, depleted, functioning memory cells.  You remember Warner Wolf (as I do), Harden and Weaver and I remember Mel Allen, Russ Hodges and Murray the K.  ?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

It was the brooklyn dodgers, first but before my time.

MLB is not thrive, its slowely regressing. Its gone from America's sport, to 3rd place behind NFL and NBA, and at this rate, maybe even Hockey will take it over.

The Brooklyn Dodgers were in a different error. When you get a share of millions of cable subscriptions TV markets are a big deal. You had no such problem when the Dodgers played in New York

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:18 AM, Redskins Rick said:

So throwing money away on the Nationals Stadium is wrong?

Yet, Md did the same thing for the Ravens, and I dont remember DC giving the Expos owner, a 750 million dollar incentive to move.

At the end of the day, if you factor in, wages, people put to work, taxes, it will pay for itself.

Just like both OPACY and Ravens stadium has.

In fact, Nationals stadium is expected to be fully paid off 10 years sooner than planned.

There's a good podcast that goes into the issue of whether government funded or subsidized stadiums are ever worth it in terms of making money on the initial investment (multiplier effect, etc.). Occasionally an indoor one will break even because it can be used year-round, but almost always they are money pits.

What one does with that information is entirely up to them.