Cleveland has a void at 3B

joelala

Cleveland most likely just lost Jose Ramirez for the remainder of the season.  Would they have any interest in Nunez, I wonder?  And what would a return look like?  Cleveland is firmly in 'win-now' mode, and their window is closing rather quickly so there could be some sense of urgency there.

Yeah, already the downsides to this new rule are apparent. The trade deadline has also become the injury deadline. No injuries after July 31st! That really is lame, though. It leaves teams little recourse in the case of a player injury late in the season.

4 hours ago, esmd said:

I'm not a fan of the new rules.

I have a feeling we'll be saying this a lot in the coming years.

3 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Yeah, already the downsides to this new rule are apparent. The trade deadline has also become the injury deadline. No injuries after July 31st! That really is lame, though. It leaves teams little recourse in the case of a player injury late in the season.

I have a feeling we'll be saying this a lot in the coming years.

I like it.  One trade deadline and none of that team X put player Y on waivers business.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I like it.  One trade deadline and none of that team X put player Y on waivers business.

I'm not sure why that's so bothersome. Just extend the trade deadline to August 31st, then.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Naw, I'm pretty happy with it at the end of July.  Make up your mind if you are in or out.

It's not about being in or out. It's about taking away the ability to make last minute acquisitions in the case of an injury to a major contributor on the team that had been previously available before. At least in September, there's callups even if it won't be 40. Teams still get, what was it, two callups? You can't plan for unexpected injuries before they happen. Pretty sure the Indians are in, so it's definitely not about being in or out here at all.

Just now, Sessh said:

It's not about being in or out. It's about taking away the ability to make last minute acquisitions in the case of an injury to a major contributor on the team that had been previously available before. At least in September, there's callups even if it won't be 40. Teams still get, what was it, two callups? You can't plan for unexpected injuries before they happen. Pretty sure the Indians are in, so it's definitely not about being in or out here at all.

I'm pretty OK with a team getting hurt by a late injury.  I don't see where it is a real problem.

Archived