Is Sisco Toast?

Aristotelian

Clearly after tonight hanging is too good for Chance Sisco.

So unfair after all he did tonight to get us back in the race for the #1 overall draft pick next summer.  What the heck happened to everybody's priorities anyway?  You're all acting as if your favorite baseball team winning games matters.  I thought we were all to advanced for that now.

16 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

His bat has been better than last year but he hasn’t done much last couple of months  

He actually hit better than Severino in August, .200/.307/.356 compared to .197/.246/.295.

Catching is a tough gig, and he had a bad inning. The Orioles can afford to be patient with him. This loss gets us one step closer to the #2 pick.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I'd rather see Wynns back.

Wynns will be 29 next year and had a .689 OPS this season at Norfolk with the super happy fun ball. He will be up as the third catcher on Tuesday, but he doesn't have the bat to meet the minimum standard of backup catcher.

9 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

He actually hit better than Severino in August, .200/.307/.356 compared to .197/.246/.295.

Catching is a tough gig, and he had a bad inning. The Orioles can afford to be patient with him. This loss gets us one step closer to the #2 pick.

I’m fine with him playing. 

I just don’t think overall he has done enough to warrant much enthusiasm. 

7 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Wynns will be 29 next year and had a .689 OPS this season at Norfolk with the super happy fun ball. He will be up as the third catcher on Tuesday, but he doesn't have the bat to meet the minimum standard of backup catcher.

Considering the Orioles have a first baseman that doesn't have the bat to meet the minimum standard of a pitcher, not sure that matters.

Fyi: Wynns had a higher average in the majors than Sisco last year and this year.

9 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Catcher is one position you just can't play if you have the yips. Hate to give up on a #2 draft pick but I think he is holding back the rebuild.

He hit a homer and still managed to singehandedly lose a winnable game for us.

Sorry to vent but I have seen enough.

Whether he stays or is toast, I don't see how he is holding back the rebuild. He's just filling a spot right now. 

There is only one player who is holding back the rebuild right now.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Considering the Orioles have a first baseman that doesn't have the bat to meet the minimum standard of a pitcher, not sure that matters.

Fyi: Wynns had a higher average in the majors than Sisco last year and this year.

I remain comfortable that Sisco is a much better hitter than Wynns.    Wynns’ BA may have been a little better in a small sample, but his OBP and SLG are significantly below.     Wynns’ advantage is on the defensive side.    

I am not that invested in Sisco with Rutschman in the fold.     He’s been pretty disappointing, though.  

45 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Magic 8-ball says he could have a long career coming off the bench to pinch-hit or play C, 3B, 1B or LF. With rosters expanding to 26 next year, he could be a valuable asset for quite a few teams if he can learn to play a few more positions adequately.

If you’re referring to Sisco, at the very least we have learned that he can’t throw.

And he can’t hit.

Find a position where that’s ok and He’ll be perfect.