Austin Hays called up

Luke-OH

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not a fan of players calling attention to themselves, but to me that was just a spontaneous moment from a very young player who made a great play.   Bothers me far less than a guy standing around posing after a homer.    

It all depends on the situation, the team, the circumstances. How many guys hit homeruns and beat on their chests afterwards?

1 minute ago, fansince1988 said:

I think there is a time and place to celebrate, this is not one of those times. Just my opinion though.

When is the time to celebrate? You don't like celebrations during the game and you don't like celebrations after the game (since you mention you hated the post-game pies). So the time to celebrate is...before the game?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

When is the time to celebrate? You don't like celebrations during the game and you don't like celebrations after the game (since you mention you hated the post-game pies). So the time to celebrate is...before the game?

I think you can celebrate your individual plays if the team you are on is .500 or better.

That was my takeaway.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think you can celebrate your individual plays if the team you are on is .500 or better.

That was my takeaway.

My takeaway is celebrate every play, every catch, every homerun, every win, every loss, every stolen base, every walk. Every intentional walk. Let's start celebrating every strike, why not?

2 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

My takeaway is celebrate every play, every catch, every homerun, every win, every loss, every stolen base, every walk. Every intentional walk. Let's start celebrating every strike, why not?

That’s a weird extrapolation from celebrating perhaps the most important defensive play in the game. By a young player.

1 minute ago, survivedc said:

That’s a weird extrapolation from celebrating perhaps the most important defensive play in the game. By a young player.

Just for the record, I'm a huge Hays fan. I saw him in Frederick many times, I'm rooting for him. I just don't get the beating on the chest after making a catch in a meaningless game, in a meaningless season. Again, just my opinion. That doesn't mean it's right, just my opinion.

1 minute ago, fansince1988 said:

Just for the record, I'm a huge Hays fan. I saw him in Frederick many times, I'm rooting for him. I just don't get the beating on the chest after making a catch in a meaningless game, in a meaningless season. Again, just my opinion. That doesn't mean it's right, just my opinion.

It isn't meaningless to him.