DJ Stewart had surgery

Legend_Of_Joey

2 hours ago, Thats Baseball said:

What's the story on the Orioles sending Mullins to a hitting school in california?

Not sure there's much of a story that's been made public. Here's all I've seen:

Mullins, who began the season in center field but was dropped to Triple-A Norfolk, then Double-A Bowie, was just 6-for-64 with the Orioles in the seasons’ early weeks.

The Orioles are sending Mullins to a private batting school in California in an attempt to remake him as a hitter.

https://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2019/10/01/elias-first-year-orioles-qualifed-success/

But, IMO, this is the sort of thing that will happen with a lot of players. I don't think it's an outlier. I'd imagine just about everyone is sent home with suggestions/directives about what to do in the offseason to improve. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I think in ST Wilkerson plays all over.     2B/SS 3B/LF/CF/RF.   I think O's mgt will want to know how he plays at SS in the ST to see if he can play well enough to give the starting SS a day off.    His best position is probably 2B.  Before Mountcastle is promoted  Wilkerson probably sees action in the corner OF position.    He may also be Hays backup in CF.

He probably also gets to hit against righties and lefties in ST.   But he is going to have to show he can hit lefties to play against them in the regular season IMO

Stewart’s injury might open up the door for Mason Williams to platoon in LF with Smith and be the 4th OF. 

We have an organizational hole at SS. We’re at Freddie Bynum level currently. I don’t think Wilkerson can play there. I hope so, but it hasn’t looked that way before. 

Our best bet for a SS of the future is to use the #2 pick on SS Austin Martin or SS Nick Gonzalez. If not draft capital, then we could target SS in a trade for Mancini. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

If Davis is actually going to play they can just keep Mancini in OF to start. 

I think they have to keep Davis at 1B if Trey is going to be one of the primary OFers. And like has been said, Davis isn't blocking anyone that's going to put us into contention. 2020 is another losing rebuild year.

• 3 months later...