2019 #10 Prospect: Hunter Harvey

Tony-OH

Another reason to look forward to the 2020 season.  I know a lot of us are looking forward to AR, Gray-Rod, Hall...but if Harvey can stay healthy and bolster the back of the bullpen...and if Hays can show that he's a legit player, 2020 will be fun.

Harvey's stuff is electric.  Of course, it's all about staying healthy for that dude.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Also in regards to Harvey, I remember when he was drafted and when he was suffering his injuries, he was a stringbean.  Super skinny.

Now he looks like he's eaten a few burgers and milkshakes.  I'm not sure if added bulk will help insulate him from injuries but I can't believe it'll lead to more issues.

Oh, he has grown into that projectable body for sure. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Another reason to look forward to the 2020 season.  I know a lot of us are looking forward to AR, Gray-Rod, Hall...but if Harvey can stay healthy and bolster the back of the bullpen...and if Hays can show that he's a legit player, 2020 will be fun.

Harvey's stuff is electric.  Of course, it's all about staying healthy for that dude.

Hopefully Elias and company have some good ideas on how to keep guys like Harvey and Hays healthy.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Philip said:

Well I guess my thought he could still be a starter was futile. I guess that’s why he slid this far.

Yeah. I was a little surprised to see they listed his ceiling as a 1st division closer. I wonder how much debate went into that. Can't argue with the logic. If they simplify his plan, there's no reason he can't refine his remaining pitches more and let his stuff really play up out of the pen. Nothing wrong with that. 

*whispers...I still hope he starts 2020 as a starter in Norfolk even though I doubt that's the plan. 

5 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Yeah. I was a little surprised to see they listed his ceiling as a 1st division closer. I wonder how much debate went into that. Can't argue with the logic. If they simplify his plan, there's no reason he can't refine his remaining pitches more and let his stuff really play up out of the pen. Nothing wrong with that. 

*whispers...I still hope he starts 2020 as a starter in Norfolk even though I doubt that's the plan. 

The idea behind that is that we think he's going to stay in the pen. Without looking at medicals, I can't say what I'd personally do, but I think he could start, it depends on how much feel for secondaries improves with reps/healthy offseason. As a starter, he's got a hair more stuff than Baumann but significantly more injury and performance risk. 

Now that Harvey is no longer the skeleton that he once was, and is being handled by people who know what they are doing( I hope they do), let us see if he really is a backend reliever or something different. The skeleton body he had a few yrs. ago was totally different than what he has now.   Let us see how far the new body  takes  Harvey now.  Plz do not check the grammar too closely, as it has been a Tennessee  Fire afternoon.  

• Upvote 1