Mark Trumbo Wants to Pitch!

wildbillhiccup

Ladies and Gentlemen...I present to you...our opening day starting pitcher! ;) 

Mark Trumbo told Dan Connolly of The Athletic that he would be willing to do some part-time pitching in addition to hitting next season.

Trumbo also acknowledges that he's unsure whether he'll be offered another job following back-to-back injury-plagued seasons. He wants to start coaching at some point and might consider it now in the right situation. "It’s kind of an in-between spot," Trumbo said. "There’s no other way to put it." Trumbo will turn 34 in January.

6 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Ummmmm,  I think I want Mark Trumbo to hang out with Chris Davis for awhile now.  If that means moving them both to the bullpen...........I'm open to it!

I doubt if too many guys would be charging the moind against those two.  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Mark Trumbo told Dan Connolly of The Athletic that he would be willing to do some part-time pitching in addition to hitting next season.

Trumbo also acknowledges that he's unsure whether he'll be offered another job following back-to-back injury-plagued seasons. He wants to start coaching at some point and might consider it now in the right situation. "It’s kind of an in-between spot," Trumbo said. "There’s no other way to put it." Trumbo will turn 34 in January.

As a high school hurler with a 96-mph fastball, Trumbo was one of the better young right-handers in Southern California. He was drafted in 2004 as a pitcher by the Los Angeles Angels, but he failed his physical due to an arthritic elbow, prompting a switch to hitting full-time.

He’s always kind of messed around with pitching, and while he was rehabbing his knee in the last year, he spent a lot of time playing catch and working on arm strength. He said he’s probably throwing his fastball in the high-80s and maybe the low-90s.

“I think that’s still a work in progress, but it’s something I’ve been kind of keeping on top of,” he said.

“My arm is still in pretty good shape and some of my thought was, with the 26th man, I think a lot of teams are gonna explore the possibilities for two-way players if they are actually capable of doing it,” Trumbo said. “So, I think that was part of where my head was at. Add some value, eat some innings when the games might get away from the team. If you can have a guy that can do a little bit of both (hitting and pitching), I think that is immensely valuable. But it needs to be at a high enough level to get the job done.”

8 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Mr. Trumbo needs to retire and take his teammate CD with him.