Carl Pavano to start Saturday @ The O's...

itsernst

I don't have anything against the guy, but I bet the whole stadium will want to see him get rocked. Yankees fans hate him.

The yankess bullpen had to go 6 innings tonight. Hopefully Pavano has an early exit and they can eat away at the bullpen.

It'll be the first time Baltimore will be happy to have visiting NY fans come to the park. Encourage them. Make it Nathan's Hot Dogs night or sumpin. Serve LonGisland iced teas.

Hmmm, the $40m dollar man....

... made his last ML starts in 2007 (Apr 2 and 9), none in 2006 and prior to that his last start was June 27, 2005 (against the Orioles, 6 IP, 4 ER).

So over a period of 3+ years, he had made 2 ML starts!

Pavano in his last year of his 4 year contract for the Yankees, has made 19 ML starts! :eek: And paid $40m to do so! :eek:

I wonder if they (Yankees) will pick up his $13m option for 2009 (with a $1.95m buyout)? :laughlol:

The wood in my broom stick!!

I'm just going to apologize for that awful joke now...

I still remember his third or fourth start as a Yankee, Melvin Mora hit a line drive off of his face. He wa never the same. I still think that is what destroyed him and made him gun-shy about pushing it to get back on the mound.

I still remember his third or fourth start as a Yankee, Melvin Mora hit a line drive off of his face. He wa never the same. I still think that is what destroyed him and made him gun-shy about pushing it to get back on the mound.

Didn't that happen to Mussina or Pettite? Both?

Archived